Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think my cat hurt her nose

• 18-06-2012 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

I came home from work yesterday & noticed my cat Smudges nose was all red! Thought it was some dried blood but when I looked closer it looks like a layer of skin is missin off her nose! Here's a pic 932dd901.jpg is this normal, did she just scrape it off something? Do I need to put anything on it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

You can always give your vet a quick call, to set your mind at rest.

It looks like she scraped it off something to me. Mine has done that on a number of occasions.

Personally, I wouldn't put anything on it as she is liklely to lick it right off, and her toungue would do more harm than good if it is tender.

And of course, keep an eye on it - it should heal in a couple of days - if it is weeping/oozing then get her to the vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Thankfully it's looking a bit better today! Feel so sorry for her, it was bleeding a little bit this morn. She must have been lickingit last night. It looks less red & raw now tonight

Advertisement