Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refused Credit Card

Options
  • 18-06-2012 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Nothing unusual there OP Im afraid. My mum was refused a credit card too despite having her account and mortgage with the bank. When she questioned it she was told that basically 'it was the luck of the draw' - they refuse a certain amount of applications and hers just happened to be one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

This will have no effect on your credit rating at all, don't worry about that anyway.

You could appeal if you want, maybe they did take some details wrong and it was a genuine mistake. More likely though you'll just be given some vague answer that you "didn't meet their in-house criteria".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

You could appeal to see if they took some details down wrong i guess, but unless they did nothing much else will happen unless you have further info to help your application.

The fact is a lot of people are getting refused these days. I have great record with loans and credit cards but would be fairly confident of getting refused for loan by bank or a credit card company. For this reason I manage my current credit card well as want to hold onto it. Also loans through CU and they are brilliant to deal with and will ensure always on time with payments as want to keep good relationship with them for future credit I may need.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

I work in credit cards myself on the lending side not in
    Just so y know it's not a lottery! People are approved/ declined on many things such as account performance missed payments etc it doesn't go on ICB
    If ur refused ring them up and see what they declined u on and if u can send any
    More details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

that may be why they wont issue you with one. if you pay it off in full every month then they arent making any money in interest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

that may be why they wont issue you with one. if you pay it off in full every month then they arent making any money in interest

Your credit rating and profitability as a customer are completely separate issues. Even if you pay the bill on time every month, they still make money from the cut the vendor has to pay for accepting your credit card.

Advertisement