Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

move data from iphone to nokia lumia

Options
  • 18-06-2012 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I just purchased a nokia lumia 800 running windows phone OS.

I currently have an iphone 3g so moving from the iphone to the nokia.

I want to be able to copy my contacts and calendar entries from the iphone to the nokia. I do have a windows live account.

What is the easiest way to process the move?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Usually through synching iphone with Outlook Contacts then synching outlook contacts to Nokia Lumia.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Amateur

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Usually through synching iphone with Outlook Contacts then synching outlook contacts to Nokia Lumia.

I have syn'd iphone with Outlook contacts/calendar

How do I sync outlook contacts to Nokia Lumia?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

You're not directly syncing outlook to the lumia, you must sync outlook with your live account / hotmail / Gmail. There are a few different ways of doing this best bet is to google it, being sure to mention which version of outlook you're using. I used the hotmail outlook connector: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/microsoft-office-outlook-hotmail-connector-overview-HA010222518.aspx

You're not directly syncing outlook to the lumia, you must sync outlook with your live account / hotmail / Gmail. There are a few different ways of doing this best bet is to google it, being sure to mention which version of outlook you're using. I used the hotmail outlook connector: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/microsoft-office-outlook-hotmail-connector-overview-HA010222518.aspx

Thanks for the information - does the hotmail outlook connector copy contacts and calendar entries from Outlook to Hotmail? After googling etc it seems to only copy them from Hotmail to Outlook. Version of Outlook is 2003.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Is there no "Nokia Pc Suite" app for the Lumia which copies direct Outlook 2003 <> Phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Amateur wrote: »
    Thanks for the information - does the hotmail outlook connector copy contacts and calendar entries from Outlook to Hotmail? After googling etc it seems to only copy them from Hotmail to Outlook. Version of Outlook is 2003.

If I remember correctly, it downloads your hotmail / live contacts and mixes them with your Outlook contacts and syncs it all back up into the cloud.

If you don't want to use Hotmail Outlook connector, it is also possible to extract all your Outlook contacts as VCF and upload these to Hotmail (go to Options - Importing Contacts and select Outlook from there - other services are also listed)
    Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Is there no "Nokia Pc Suite" app for the Lumia which copies direct Outlook 2003 <> Phone.

Nope, it's either Zune (music, videos) or the cloud (everything else) with the Lumia range.

The tough bit is at the start getting everything (email, contacts, facebook and twitter integration etc) onto Live. After that, it's a doddle. Resetting your phone is much easier in future, and you never lose contacts data again.

Thanks for your help. I am using Outlook Connector. I have sync contacts and calendar from Hotmail to outlook. Made changes in outlook but cant get it to sync back up to Hotmail eg. modified contacts but changes not reflected in Hotmail. Any tips?

Amateur wrote: »
    Thanks for your help. I am using Outlook Connector. I have sync contacts and calendar from Hotmail to outlook. Made changes in outlook but cant get it to sync back up to Hotmail eg. modified contacts but changes not reflected in Hotmail. Any tips?

Forget that, got it fixed. Thanks for everyones help with this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MonicaHoliday

Indeed, you can use Phone Transfer to move data from iPhone to Lumia in one click. It is easy to handle and you only need to install the software and just follow the instruction to have a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Please don't resurrect zombie threads; start a new one instead. Closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement