Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone no service

• 18-06-2012 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

My phone has dropped network. It says no sevice. I got a new sim from my network provider and still not working. i have tried everything from rebooting and going back to factory settings. any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Did you buy the phone secondhand? Was it jailbroken? Did you update the phone software recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

No i didnt jailbreak it and its not second hand. The network comes back and then when out of coverage it drops and doesnt come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GiveMeStrength

I had the same problem with my old iphone. All of a sudden I had no network coverage. This could be hit and miss. In work there are three people who sit close to me, all with iphones. None of these had any issue with signal strength. Two out of the three been on the same network as myself. I brought the phone back to o2 who were not very helpful. Initially they kept telling me it was a mast issue, even though I kept explaining that it couldn't possibly be. I was given a number and told to ring Apple support. On a phone with no signal. I wasn't very impressed.

In the end they replaced the sim card in the phone three times and it was only on the 3rd sim card when the signal returned. The phone itself turned out to be faulty a short while later.

Go to your network provider, get a few new sims, if the first one does not work. If you are still having problems with the phone, call apple directly. You will need the serial number of the phone first which can be found in the general settings.

Apple support is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

This happened to me recently - went out of coverage and never picked it up again - try turning it off and on again. This sorted mine out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

The network comes back after i rebooth the phone but it goes again in a few minutes. So frustrating. I am going to have to send it for repair

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Alt_M

godscop wrote: »
    The network comes back after i rebooth the phone but it goes again in a few minutes. So frustrating. I am going to have to send it for repair

There's one more option before sending for repair. The original iOS 5 software version had this problem for a certain type of SIM card that certain networks use (meteor is one) They released a fix but the only way to avail of the fix is to restore your phone through iTunes. I would try this and see what happens before going through the hassle of sending your phone off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I am having the same issue and I have the iphone 4. I really can't figure out what went wrong. I did nothing over the last few days that would have started the problem. I got a new sim card and that did not work. I reseted the phone, nothings working. My iphone is not jail broken. Any solutions, did you get yours working OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaisyD2

padocon wrote: »
    I am having the same issue and I have the iphone 4. I really can't figure out what went wrong. I did nothing over the last few days that would have started the problem. I got a new sim card and that did not work. I reseted the phone, nothings working. My iphone is not jail broken. Any solutions, did you get yours working OP?

Same here, over a week & two full iTunes restores, heading back to shop later to try 2nd new sim, any point in 3rd if as previous poster found phone still had fault after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Vodafone basically told me they would try a repair at a cost, but try turning off your 3G and edge and turn off and on the phone. Seems to work then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement