Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an access course I can't find anymore

Options
  • 18-06-2012 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Back in January or February I came across an access course that had Physics and Astronomy. I can't remember if it was Physics and Astronomy or Science and Astrophysics...or something along those lines. I remember it had something to do with a lecture a few months prior to starting the course. I'm also convinced it was either in UCD or TCD and they started accepting applications in June/July.

Does any of that ring a bell to anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

I know UCD teach physics but not astronomy or astrophysics during the access course there. However, they do a introductory lecture a few months prior to the course start as part of their assessment to select interview candidates (you attend the lecture, take notes and then write a summary of the lecture, which is then assessed and you're shortlisted for interview based on that), and that can be on any topic? Could that be what you're thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Libertewhite

Are you referring to the Science and Engineering access course in UCD?

I saw that but it's not the one I was looking for. I'm beginning to think it's all in my head :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Could it have been an Open University course?? http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/course/sxp288.htm

Advertisement