Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home setup

Options
  • 18-06-2012 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

So I am wondering what people think.
    I want to build a PC and a HTPC. would it be cheaper to build one machine and would this be advisable or is it better to have a dedicated HTPC?
    It seems you can build a HTPC with all the features of a sky/ntl box (if not more) when using saorview and freesat, am I right on this?
    What I am hoping to end up doing is haveing no monthly TV bills, be able to watch pause,rewind and record live tv. Multi room viewing, is this an option? Download and stream tv/movies. Be able to use any tv in the house as my pc monitor. I would be hoping to strategically place a few monitors around the house and with the aid of a wireless keyboard/mouse I hope to eliminate having a laptop and get the same functionality but with the power of a PC. I use a ps3 for gaming (collective groan:D) but I would like the ability to upgrade in the future if I cant afford what Im after straight away(eg to a i5 2500k and z77 + GPU or similar).

Sorry for such a badly constructed post. If anyone has a similar set up or can point me in the right direction this would be much appreciated.

Advertisement