Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to finish this house?

Options
  • 18-06-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi,

Lokking at a house been sold by the banks at the minutes but its basically only a shell, It is roofed & plastered inside & outside, 1st fix plumbing done but need to go under floor heating downstairs, no stairs, concrete floors in. its a 2 storey house.Also no spectic tank.

I no it can cost any amount depending on standards etc, But how much do you think i could finish it to a basic enough standard??

that is : plumbing, elect. stairs, spectic tank, kitchen & bedroom ( would be only doing up a few rooms to start)

thanks in advance

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

impossible to tell from this limited information. It would require a site visit to determine the extent of works involved.

you need to get a pre purchase report with a works specification included.
    The site works will be significant if no septic tank included, i assume no other site works are done either ie landscaping , entrance etc.... which may all be required to comply with planning permission. What about connection fees?

is there a cert of compliance in the build so far? and if so, what does it cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭user37

hi, thansk for reply.

I'm not sure if there is a cert or not as ive not gotten that far yet, i just wanted a field for what it wud cost.
    No garden etc but would be leaving that to further down the line.
    Its a 2100 sq ft house. Would you have a ballpoint figures as to what a spectic tank would cost

thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

to put a very rough price on it, i would estimate a 2100 sq ft house 'finished and in' for approx €100 per sq ft.

Id estimate the works are currently in the 35-45% complete stage... so that would leave approx €125K left to be spent on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

sydthebeat wrote: »
    to put a very rough price on it, i would estimate a 2100 sq ft house 'finished and in' for approx €100 per sq ft.

Id estimate the works are currently in the 35-45% complete stage... so that would leave approx €125K left to be spent on it.

I would have put the same. In my recent build I would have put 1/3rd from builders finish. You aren't at builders finish so taking 70k form builders finish and adding heating,electrical,external works and some basic internal you such as stairs you could be looking at 125k allright. Really finger in the air stuff.

Advertisement