Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dabs.ie Returning product need help!

Options
  • 18-06-2012 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi , i recently purchased an Asus Sabertooth z77 motherboard from Dabs.ie. I built my machine the next day , the build was perfect i am a PC technician and very used to builds , when i tried to power my machine it would not Post or get to Bios. After ruling out all other components i decided on a faulty MOBO. i took out my mother board and noticed on the back a small scratch on the back of the board. Under close inspection its clear this scratch has effectivly ruined my board. I know for a fact that I have not done this and im now in the process of returning the board for an exchange. I am wondering will they fight me over changing it for a new board? i am prepared to go to small claims court if necassery, would love to hear from some people to see how i should approach this?
    Thanks

*EDIT* i only have the board less than a week and already contacted them about return if this helps in my favour? I do not have alot of money and this board was expensive this is why im a little worried incase they fight me over it.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Firstly, let's just wait and see what Dabs.ie say to you. No point in worrying until you hear back from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

dabs.ie.... why not use www.komplett.ie ? their cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Cork24 wrote: »
    dabs.ie.... why not use www.komplett.ie ? their cheaper
    Are you suggesting that OP return the board to Komplett? I don't think that is a good strategy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

No.. i am saying use them to buy stuff off them from now on.
    why you i tell the OP to send his board to a company he didnt buy it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Enough - please stick to the topic at hand.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 eire323

Ok i will let u know what dabs say when they contact me.
    Thanks for the interest and I appreciate the help :)

*EDIT* The MOBO I purchased was actually €4 cheaper on Dabs.ie compared to www.komplett.ie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,992 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

If you have the product less than a week, you can just change your mind, send it back and get a refund.

No explanation needed.

Boggles wrote: »
    If you have the product less than a week, you can just change your mind, send it back and get a refund.

No explanation needed.
    Yeah i know they have that Policy but becuse the board is faulty and they might think I damaged it im not sure if it will be simple. Fingers crossed tho. :)

Ok so the board is out of my hands now, currier came to pick it up yesterday. I will let you know how it goes.

Advertisement