Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Import clothes thailand

Options
  • 18-06-2012 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi
    I am setting up a new small business and will be shipping women clothes from thailand in September.
    Does anybody know what documents i need to attached to the parcels being shipped from thailand? i believe i need to define the value of the packadge, if its duty-able or not. anything else ? and what documents do i need to have to collect the packadges at the entry point in dublin ( and ... how will i pay duty , VAT etc ... this is unclear to me )

Thanks a mill for all replies
    I am quiet newbie to the import procedures

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rfusik

basically i would like to know how and where i will pay the duty and the VAT ( if i am VAT registered)
    cant find any information
    can somebody point me in the right direction
    any links would be much appreciated , thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

This would be a good start

http://www.dutycalculator.com/

Thanks Jarren
    Quiet useful i would say
    in fact i came up with a spreadsheet and all calculations i am doing myself but the numbers came up the same witch is a good sign to me
    anyway still dont know "how and where" will i pay the duty and VAT
    lets say that i track my stuff and i see that its arrived what then... how and where will i pay all the taxes

just found out this

"£98 I paid £33 to Fed Ex for Duty and VAT" on the brits forum

so having said that i will pay at the shipping point which is in Thailand all duties and VAT ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

You pay the VAT at the point that the goods enter the EU at the customs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement