Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphones in races (Mod Post #121)

1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 boucher

mh_cork wrote: »
    I find this type of comment amusing. Someone posts a question and when they dont get the answer they like, they start to argue why they should get a special dispensation. Similar thread on the biking forum a few months back about a guy who wanted to cycle the wrong way on a dual carriage-way because it he didnt want to look behind him for merging traffic on on-ramps. He also got upset when people thought that it was against the rules and generally a bad idea. Threw his toys out of the pram.

All the replies on page 1 give valid reasons for it - mainly that its against the rules. Also, people give examples of personal experience during races where people wearing music caused some obstructions. And the response to this is "whatever, I dont feel this rule should apply to me".

When they are called out on this, they start personally insult other members and start name calling (ok, both sides eventually revert to this).

As one poster alluded to, this is a growing tendancy in sports (and life in general) of people deciding that if they dont like some rules they dont have to adhere to them. Ever ask yourself why that rule might apply to triathlons and not running races? Some posters gave very good examples of fast runners passing slow runners. I would simply say that these rules exist in triathlon for the general safety and comfort of all racers. If you dont have respect enough for your fellow competitors, the marshals (who give up their time) and the race organisers to obey a few simple rules, then you shouldnt enter the race.

I wrote the OP. Got the answer I needed after 3 posts. Didn't look for any dispensation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭mh_cork

boucher wrote: »
    I wrote the OP. Got the answer I needed after 3 posts. Didn't look for any dispensation.

Yes, you are correct, my mistake. It was another person who took up the thread and argued why they should be allowed used headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭hootini

tunney wrote: »
    ....but a 32 minute 10ker - coming past a 45 minute waddler at quite a difference in speed.

A 45 minute "waddler"!!??

Now that's elitist Tunney! :)

Advertisement