Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiccups and laughing

Options
  • 18-06-2012 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    My baby is 11 weeks old and is just starting to laugh but everytime he laughs he gets the hiccups and gets upset :( The hiccups could last for 10 minutes.
    Even when he smiles a lot he gets the hiccups. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this happen to your babies? Any advice is much appreciated!! :)

ZoeZ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

Yeah and then mine pukes...

A small drink water / milk from a bottle cures my ds's hiccups straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

Mine used to hiccup for 30 minutes or more! :)
    Sometimes sucking on her soother used to help, but most of the time the poor thing had to just wait for them to stop. I never found a guaranteed solution for her.
    Now at 6 months she finds hiccupping hilarious!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

my 9 year (yes, year) old still gets hiccups when she properly giggles. Any drink at all usually fixes her right up, and always has

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭moodswing

Hi ZoeZ

My little guy use to get the hiccups all the time when he was younger for 10-20 minutes at a go. It didn't actually bother him at all but I found that his soother helped it stop a lot. He is 6 months now and doesn't get them that often anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Yeah.. all of mine did laugh away then hiccups. . . then tears... he's 8 months now and has grown out of it thank god ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ZoeZ

Thank you for all the replies! hopefully he will also grow out of it soon :)

Advertisement