Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dartitis

• 18-06-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

How do I get over this? I've had it since about Christmas. I used to throw seriously fast and now I just cannot release, I'm only 19 so I have plenty time to recover

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭statto25

IRA 1916 wrote: »
    How do I get over this? I've had it since about Christmas. I used to throw seriously fast and now I just cannot release, I'm only 19 so I have plenty time to recover

I have Dartitis too but I have a control over it so to speak. First thing I would do is take a break for a week or so.. The more you try to throw and the more frustrated you get the worse it becomes. After a break I would change something whether it's different weight dart, stand in a different spot or throw slightly different. You just want to retrain your head to work with your arm. There is no sure fire way to get over it. You just need to push through and take it on he chin. There were nights where I would practically fall over the oche trying to release the dart with sniggering going on behind me. No one understands what it's like to have it but it's mental torture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Its been discussed a few times here
    http://www.boards.ie/search/?subforums=1&q=dartitis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I have it since birth :(

Advertisement