Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smart telecom Dundalk

• 18-06-2012 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

hi there everyone thinking of changing to smart telecom broadband but can anyone tell me what there average download speed is in the Dundalk area, phone there sales department but the nice lady took so long to find the answer she reckon it should be about 10mb but she could not be sure, if anyone knows it would be a great help also any views on smart telecom thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭supervixen

I am Smart customer for 5 years now and never had a problem.

There is only 1 offer :

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/home_broadband.aspx

Up to 24Mb uncongested download speed*
    Up to 1Mb uncongested upload speed*

I get about 14 Mb with wireless and 0.9 upload speed.

Your speed will depend on your line quality, so it can vary....

In general I can recommend Smart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dogmax

thanks supervixen

just need to know does smart telecom block any movie sites from downloading thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭supervixen

dogmax wrote: »
    thanks supervixen

just need to know does smart telecom block any movie sites from downloading thanks

I never ran into any kind of blocking with Smart....

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Salvation

Where in Dundalk are you ?

I am recently with them and getting around 8MB from the 24MB package due to distance from the exchange.

But I have to say they are pretty good so far compared to vodacrap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Can't comment on Dundalk, but I found Smart Telecom to be superb. I think they may be predominantly a business ISP, as I used to get ok speeds during business hours, but excellent speeds in the evenings/weekends.

With my 24Mbps, I rarely got below 18Mbps; and it was a steady speed throughout a download. When I "upgraded" to UPC 30Mbps, speed was a good deal slower and varied greatly.

That said, their tech support could be poor (not that I needed to use it much). On one call, I was bounced around from person to person until I ended up talking to Digiweb tech support (???). I pointed out I wasn't a Digiweb customer and so went back onto the loop and would have been passed over to Digiweb again if I hadn't pointed out they were sending me in circles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement