Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit card

Options
  • 18-06-2012 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,779 ✭✭✭✭

Hello there,

I have an account with BOI and have a laser card for this. A few months ago I receive a letter saying that if I wanted the new visa debit card, I would have to use my laser within a month.

I never got a chance to do so, so now I would like a visa debit card. My question is, in order to request this, do I need to go to the branch I have my account in? Or will any BOI branch do?

Also, if I want to request a statement, do I need to wait until my new visa debit card arrives and do this through an ATM?

Or can I request it at the branch without having a functioning laser/visa debit card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Eod100,

You can go to any branch and fill out a card application form to apply for a visa debit card.
    To apply for a card upgrade you need to fill out and submit a Card Application Form in a branch. All card upgrades are subject to approval and take about 5 working days to process.

Regarding ordering copy statements:
    Unfortunately statements can't be printed in the branch. They have to be sent by post to your correspondence address or for collection at your account holding branch. There is no charge for an up-to-date statement and it takes 3-5 working days. Copy statements for personal customers cost €3.80 for the first page and €2.50 for every page after that and can take up to 8 working days.

An up-to-date statement can be ordered at any Bank of Ireland ATM or in-branch. If you're registered for Banking365, you can also use our self-service menu to order an up-to-date statement by calling 0818 365 365 and selecting Option 6: Other and then Option 1: Order statement. Branch staff or a Banking365 representative can also help to order a copy statement.

Depending on your purpose, you can export your online statement to excel but this may not be adequate for your use as it won't be on Bank of Ireland headed paper. Some branches also have a statement printer that will print out a balance and any recent transactions but, again, it may not be sufficient for your use as it's not on official headed paper. You can find out if your local branch has a statement printer here.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 11,779 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Thanks very much Linda!

Advertisement