Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

look alike clothing

Options
  • 18-06-2012 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi

is it a legitimate business to sell not branded products that look similarly to another brands. to me its as long as they arent using the brand name but just want to check with more experienced people on that matter.
    they are made in thailand and some one told me , hey this look like the "zara" dress i saw once

thanks
    R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

I am not fully up to date on all the laws in this area but as far as I am aware you could land yourself in serious trouble by having items nearly identical to brand items even tho your not displaying the brand name. I thought there was a case a year or two ago, where someone took dunnes or pennys to court because there item of clothing was pretty much a copy of a branded item. As I say im not fully sure but someone with more experience in this feild might tell you exactly.

Advertisement