Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor gave me an offer i couldn't refuse

Options
  • 18-06-2012 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

A few weeks ago i switched to three mainly for their 15GB of data, All was going well until i got a phone call from meteor saying they are doing a special offer for people who left.

Here is it
    • PAYG
    • 20 Euro a month , plus another 20 Euro for free FOR LIFE
    • Free texts to any network
    • Free Calls to Meteor
    • 1GB of Internet

I ended up taking the offer, 15GB was an insane amount i could only use 2GB with very heavy use.

I asked meteor why am i getting this offer and she said its only available for customers who recently left and that it wasn't available online or in store.

Has anyone else got an offer similar to this, seems to good to be true (almost)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I was with Meteor for years. I emailed them before Christmas to see if they do any good deal for me as i was thinking about moving to three. Their response was that they didn't negotiate any deals and that i was a valued customer. That was it. I moved to three.
    ~ unlimited internet (i download loads of movies)
    ~ free texts to any network
    ~ free calls to anyone on three
    ~ free calls to any network and landlines all weekend
    Top up by €20 and get an extra €10 free. I nearly always have about €15 of credit left at the end of every month. Wait for it to run out and top up again. And a recent bonus is that the webtexts now can send to international numbers. I have a brother in England and text a few times a week, so im delighted now with the free webtexts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

MJ23 wrote: »
    I was with Meteor for years. I emailed them before Christmas to see if they do any good deal for me as i was thinking about moving to three. Their response was that they didn't negotiate any deals and that i was a valued customer. That was it. I moved to three.
    Top up by €20 and get an extra €10 free. I nearly always have about €15 of credit left at the end of every month. Wait for it to run out and top up again. And a recent bonus is that the webtexts now can send to international numbers. I have a brother in England and text a few times a week, so im delighted now with the free webtexts.

Ye you have to admit, there offers are the best in the country. Though i travel alot and find the reception not the best, like i wouldn't be able to use that 15GB in the country :(

If worst comes to worst, i can always switch back to three, oh the joys of being on PAYG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

Whatever you do do not go to meteor.
    See the other tread meteor stole my money.
    Once you give them money expect never to see it back nor have any use of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Kenno90 wrote: »
    MJ23 wrote: »

Ye you have to admit, there offers are the best in the country. Though i travel alot and find the reception not the best, like i wouldn't be able to use that 15GB in the country :(

If worst comes to worst, i can always switch back to three, oh the joys of being on PAYG

TBH meteors reception is not all that great itself 3G coverage seems limited when i was with them

jay93 wrote: »
    TBH meteors reception is not all that great itself 3G coverage seems limited when i was with them

I know but it always worked in the town where i live, i have HSDPA speeds with meteor and G with three.

• Advertisement

Anita M. wrote: »
    Whatever you do do not go to meteor.
    See the other tread meteor stole my money.
    Once you give them money expect never to see it back nor have any use of it.

What thread? What Happened, Been with meteor for years and i've never had a problem with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676876 What happened is they have an automatic bundle for meteor pay as you go customets and deduct 9.99 every month without informing you and without you having to sign for anything. When you look at your usage it does not show up! The only way to know if you are on this bundle is to call em and ask. A friend of mine discovered today that he has been on it all the time as well. Meteor refuses to pay you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Got the same offer, lasted a month and left... shocking service and reception was crap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I got a similar offer from Meteor, but with €10 extra credit per month instead of €20. Three have been fine so far, I don't really have a reason to switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

I got the same offer yesterday and told him im on three as they had a better deal and got a phone with three firmware preloaded.

He glossed over the changing over of network settings. I’d feel sorry for people who change and get stuck with the settings and are left with no support as it’s not a meteor phone or not a supported model (happened to me when I had a meteor phone and went to three)

Also said I just have to ring three and they will give me the unlocking code, no mention of maybe needing to spend x amount on credit to be able to receive the code.

He failed to mention that you would lose any credit; I know about this myself and said ive like €30 credit and my €20 a month deal is up today. He says I’ll give you a week to use the extra credit and ring you back. So he expects me to not top up my monthly deal and waste/use the credit on texts, the many uses of the internet id use that would be normally is free, so I can move back to meteor.

If they call me back next week, tell be told cover my credit ill lose and then I’d think about moving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 DeadbeatDancer

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

A few weeks ago i switched to three mainly for their 15GB of data, All was going well until i got a phone call from meteor saying they are doing a special offer for people who left.

Here is it
    • PAYG
    • 20 Euro a month , plus another 20 Euro for free FOR LIFE
    • Free texts to any network
    • Free Calls to Meteor
    • 1GB of Internet

I ended up taking the offer, 15GB was an insane amount i could only use 2GB with very heavy use.

I asked meteor why am i getting this offer and she said its only available for customers who recently left and that it wasn't available online or in store.

Has anyone else got an offer similar to this, seems to good to be true (almost)

I've been looking on their website and stuff trying to find this offer and couldn't. I got a phonecall last week from them offering me this. I switched to 3 mainly for the €20 for 30 days internet deal as Meteor's internet bundle had gone up to €30 and that was too much for me. I was shopping when they rang me though and couldn't hear exactly what was in the offer but I made sure to get him to repeat the fact that the internet is €20 per month. So thanks for the confirmation!!

Advertisement