Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual Carriageway Speed Cameras

Options
  • 18-06-2012 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

On the dual carriageway, are there speed cameras built in with the solar powered speed precaution signs? This is the dual carriageway that leads to letterkenny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

No, there are sensors that detect if you are travelling above 100kmph and cause the signs to light up as you approach. They do not contain cameras or recording equipment of any sort, theyre merely a warning device.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭GrabTheCREAM

Oh ok thanks for clearing that up for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Yet!
    If the stats from those signs show that they're being triggered regularly ( and they are) then it won't be long before a camera is connected to put an end to the speeding/make the govt some money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

probably the safest road in the north of the county if they would close the lunatic junction on the bend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Pique wrote: »
    Yet!
    If the stats from those signs show that they're being triggered regularly ( and they are) then it won't be long before a camera is connected to put an end to the speeding/make the govt some money.

Somehow i dont think so, theyre an inert safety measure at the moment. I dont think they record the amount of activations and are not linked wirelessly or otherwise to any centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

God I hope not! That thing flashes at me every day. I don't want to recieve 12 penalty points in one go.. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

annascott wrote: »
    God I hope not! That thing flashes at me every day. I don't want to recieve 12 penalty points in one go.. :eek:

Might I suggest slowing down then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

*sniggers*

• Registered Users Posts: 24 OEMBS

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

The missus was driving up at night when someone overtook beside us. The thing flashed up like a floodlight, probably be an accident at some point because of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement