Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bannned from smoking section for being underage ?

Options
  • 18-06-2012 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

I was recently banned my first time.No warning!Nothing.. As i was trying to get to 50 posts to try get rights to discuss soccer which is another absolute load of rubbish.i commented on a smoking section forum which i cant find as the mod deleted the message and it wont let me see it.

Hears what i said."Dont buy major i can barely breathe after them at the start grand now though i suppose its bad to be smokin major at 17!:L

Hears what the mod said to me."PM me when you are 18 & I will reconsider the situation"

But i understand the forum is for over 18's but im legally aloud smoke so that contradicts with the law does it not?

The sale of tobacco to persons under 18 is illegal. Although the legal age to purchase tobacco products is 18, 16 is the minimum legal smoking age , Gardai Síochána (Police) are only allowed to confiscate cigarettes and other tobacco objects off people under the age of 16.

i am 17 my birthday is in 2 months give me a break.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

This will not be a subject of dispute. You are aware when you sign up that some forums are age restricted:
    People aged between 13 and 18:

We cannot guarantee that all forums are suitable for minors. We recommend that young people aged 13 years of age or older ask their parents or legal guardians for permission before using Boards.ie or sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet. If you are under 18 years old you may not access forums which are flagged as unsuitable for minors. Access to these forums is restricted to paying subscribers who must be 18 years of age or older.

In order to become a member and post on boards you must have accepted this. If you failed to read it, there is nobody to blame but yourself.

The Mod is well within is rights and is obliged to exclude you on the basis that you are too young.

This will not be entertained by the mods either.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

This will not be a subject of dispute. You are aware when you sign up that some forums are age restricted:

In order to become a member and post on boards you must have accepted this. If you failed to read it, there is nobody to blame but yourself.

The Mod is well within is rights and is obliged to exclude you on the basis that you are too young.

This will not be entertained by the mods either.

What???

Can you point out where in my reply that I said you abused a Mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

What???

Can you point out where in my reply that I said you abused a Mod?

Sorry it was on the top with notices i though it meant this case..:L:L what happens now i cant go on the smoking section ?

Nothing. It's not really a disciplinary thing. It's purely down to your age and this is reflected in the note attached to your ban. You only need to PM them when you turn 18 and you'll be granted access provided there is no other reason for them to refuse.

Any CMod or Admin reviewing your account would see this and it wouldn't be something held against you.

I'll ask the Admins to close this off now. Nothing further can be done.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement