Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering

Options
  • 18-06-2012 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭

So im pretty bored at the moment and figure I might as well do something. Is there anywhere you can volunteer your still and stuff, I know how to build pc's do nearly everything on them including programming etc. I dont have a cert yet but will in next few weeks whenever they send the bloody things out. Any one know of places looking for people?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

All of the charity shops look for people and it'd look good on a cv having retail experience.
    Maybe try going to a big company that works in the computer industry and ask for an unpaid internship perhaps? If you're willing to just volunteer may as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

All of the charity shops look for people and it'd look good on a cv having retail experience.
    Maybe try going to a big company that works in the computer industry and ask for an unpaid internship perhaps? If you're willing to just volunteer may as well.

I tried that with PC world last year, the agreed but said I need my own insurance which was €1000+ for the 3 months. Thats why when your own work experience a college covers your insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Funds

We are looking for Charity Shop Volunteer Sales Assistants
    Ashbourne
    Co Meath

We are very grateful for any free time you have

Hours of business will be 10am to 4pm Mon-Saturday
    For further information contact: 01 8601878 or funds@irishdeafsociety.ie

Advertisement