Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Newbie Thread - sorry!

• 18-06-2012 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

This is my 3rd week vaping and still trying to figure it all out. Just to let you know I bought them to use instead of cigarettes rather than a device to help me quit. I am delighted that I started and can see myself happily vaping away for years to come. I am blown away at how good these things really are.

Confused I went ahead and bought the Biansi Imist starter kit and a 30ml bottle of RY4 - this was almost the end of my Vaping career before it started, wow - that is pungent stuff. Got some Menthol which was fine and some Gold & Silver which was ok.

My biggest issue now is finding the correct flavour/flavours and also what to buy next. I was lucky to fluke a good device off the bat - but do I buy some other devices with this months salary? Ego etc...... or do I start buying spares for my Imist?

Any help on flavours (I am a B&H smoker) or what devices to try woul dbe appreciated.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

flavours are the hardest part tbh, something I like you might hate.. they're pretty personal and you'll never find one that tastes like the brand of cigarettes you used to smoke.. just wont happen

i can reccomend e-smokeireland's juices.. all the ones I've tried have been nice
    irishvapers white label juices are good quality too, culainn and cliodhna are my favourites
    thebestshop has the liqua range, their traditional tobacco and turkish tobacco are lovely tobacco vapes

http://www.houseofliquid.com/product-p/samples3.htm id really reccomend the cigarillos naturales from here. serious kick to this juice and it tastes lovely. it's made by steeping tobacco leaves in the base rather than using flavourings like all other juices. fantastic stuff.

you're just gona have to try new juices over time until you find a few you're happy sticking with, no other way of doing it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Your imists connection is a 510, which basically means, your battery can be used on any device(Atomizer, cartomizer, tank..etc) so the batteries are fine for a good while yet.

It's strange that ya don't like the RY-4, any person who i've let try it, who is currently a smoker, all seem to like the RY-4, as it's quite bland and tobacco tasting...but as they say, taste is subjective :)

Which vendor are you using at the moment, if you wanna stick with them, i could suggest some devices to try from that particular vendor, or if ya wanted to try a different vendor i could suggest some stuff anyway! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

eeloe wrote: »
    Your imists connection is a 510, which basically means, your battery can be used on any device(Atomizer, cartomizer, tank..etc) so the batteries are fine for a good while yet.

It's strange that ya don't like the RY-4, any person who i've let try it, who is currently a smoker, all seem to like the RY-4, as it's quite bland and tobacco tasting...but as they say, taste is subjective :)

Which vendor are you using at the moment, if you wanna stick with them, i could suggest some devices to try from that particular vendor, or if ya wanted to try a different vendor i could suggest some stuff anyway! :)

I got the Biansi starter kit and what was actually RY-C10 (not sure if this is the same as RY4?)from esmoke Ireland. I got the Menthol and the Gold and Silver from the Vapourstore.ie

E-smokeireland mix their own juices, and i was just using some ryc-10 this morning, and it is quite strong smelling alrite :) but i guess i just like it.

All of the juices from the above vendor are smashing, vapour production is top notch due to them using a particular mix which is strong in VG(vegetable glycerine), which produces more vapour.

As SDCC said, which kind of juice are you after, a tobacco juice, a fruit flavor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

The amount of vapour from the RY is incredible, it kind of hangs in the air a bit like real smoke too.

I would be more interested in the tabacco flavours. Thanks.

• Advertisement

All of the juices from E-Smoke Ireland are good, very good. so give a couple more of them a try.

If you're looking for something more cost effective, here's 10ml bottles from The Best Shop starting at 4euro each, but if you order 10 or more, they can be gotten for as little as 2.75, which is pretty damn good! :)

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/standard-eliquid/37-10ml-eliquid-pg.html

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I liked the RY-C10 (or maybe it was C9 that I got, can't remember exactly), but it was quite strong, and it seemed like something that could be an acquired taste.

I thought it was very different to the RY-4 though, RY-4 would be a much easier one to like, it's a simpler flavour closer to a normal tobacco so it would definitely be worth a try. ESI's version could then be worth going back to if you get to the point that RY-4 or other tobaccos seem a bit plain.

Your taste will change a bit as you vape longer too, I didn't like any of the tobaccos when I started out first, I only liked menthol and some of the fruit flavours. But lately I have been starting to really enjoy tobaccos

Advertisement