Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italy v Ireland, Poznan, KO 7:45pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

What did andrews get sent off for?

He was already on a yellow, he gave away a free then shouted a load of abuse at the ref, nobody to blame but himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

What a sh!te tournament for Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Why was Andrews sent off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Well that was terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I love the Irish singing at the end.....feck the begrudgers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

But the fans are singing? Might get a few mentions on twitter from footballers to make it all better :)

cant blame given for 2nd goal

Could he not have come and claimed the ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Samich wrote: »
    The crowd singing would want to shut up.
    Oh the ****ing idiots are singing again...sure aren't the Irish great be gorrra. ****tards

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

We are now officially the worst team in the history of the euros on 0 points and -8 goal difference

"Hard to beat".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

They don't deserve singing - they have been a disgrace to all our previous legendary teams! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Buffon legend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

gandalf wrote: »
    What would you prefer them ripping the stadium up and slapping the Italian fans around :rolleyes:

Why would do they have to do either? Could just sit there & loose with some dignity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Not their fault that theyre not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    "Hard to beat".

"Good on set pieces"

Ireland played well for a the longest I have seen them int his tournament tonight. A good spell in the first half and a good spell in the second half. Shame we didnt play like that throughout the tournament. The Croatian game might have been different.

The defending has been absolutely shocking, schoolboy bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭devotional1993

In fairness we where better tonight. least they had a bloody go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Is there anything more pathetic than a bunch of keyboard warriors asking fans who paid good money to travel to the Euros and support their team to "shut up"?

They don't deserve singing - they have been a disgrace to all our previous legendary teams! :(

They''re just not as good as previous teams and played top quality opposition.

Poor tournament yes, bad management yes but players are no disgrace.

Good looking Irish bird for the thread just spotted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Why all the negativity?
    I thought we played pretty well tonight, and were the better team for most of the second half.
    Also, unlike the Dutch, our players actually looked like they cared about the game.
    I'm proud of the team tonight- we're technically miles inferior, but we gave it a good go this time, and feck it, that's about all we could have hoped for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Begrudgers sitting behind a laptop giving he fans **** about singing, the self hatred we have as a nation is pathetic

Give out about the team and Trap all you like but having a go at fans who actually paid money to support thee team rather than bitching behind a computer screen is just sad

Leave them do what they like, they deserve it after having to put up with the ****e football we played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

kryogen wrote: »
    Ireland played well for a the longest I have seen them int his tournament tonight. A good spell in the first half and a good spell in the second half. Shame we didnt play like that throughout the tournament. The Croatian game might have been different.

The defending has been absolutely shocking, schoolboy bad

The thing is we didnt play all that great either tonight. We had a few long range shots, a few crosses mostly claimed by Buffon, thats about it. Just was a lot better than previous games. If we played like that, we still would have beaten in the other games.

noodler wrote: »
    Is there anything more pathetic than a bunch of keyboard warriors asking fans who paid good money to travel to the Euros and support their team to "shut up"?

Let's face it, they're just trying to get everyone talking "Losing and still singing, best fans in the world"

Most will be on the piss tonight anyways

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

If you don't like the content of the thread, burn your computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Rezident

What would you prefer them ripping the stadium up and slapping the Italian fans around :rolleyes:

Not normally but after the Italian diving and one of the worst refereeing performances I can recall, well, yes actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

we are really terrible at the moment. I cant believe we did as bad as we did over the 3 games. I never thought we had the players to get out of the group but I didn't expect to let in that many goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

This. A million times this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Excuse me.

Resorting to insults and the incorrect usage of the word 'hyopcrite' actually doesn't benefit you at all.

So please, if you want to jump into the middle of something with insults then you really have no grounds for complaint if you then deem the other person 'arrogant'.

Hypocrite was due to calling another poster a liar constantly rather than letting your points form your argument, ie calling Samich a liar was in itself a lie. It's been pretty annoying watching you reposting the word liar in every post as an opening gambit. Don't bother replying you're on ignore due to the fact you won't acknowledge other points of view in a decent manner in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Some of the posts on here are a joke...

Our goalie is shíte....hope he retires
    Our strikers are shíte...they better god damn retire

And the fans are a disgrace too....singing and supporting their team no less :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

The group went to form.

• Advertisement

Ah well looking forward to our next Euros appearance in 24 years.

Roll on Euro 2036.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Depressing stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

If Trapattoni has any decency he should stand down as Irish Manager now the tournament is over especially as we now have the record as the worst team to play in the Championships ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

This has to put Trap under pressure now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Better performance overall. we need to re-evaluate certain situations within the squad towards tactics and players involved. I think getting rid of Trap would be a bad idea though we will find it hard to find someone with his creditinals to take over.

We dont have many positives to take from this Euros and we have to change a few things for the WC campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

But their God RK16 told them singing was bad...

Shine on you crazy diamonds!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Credit to the fans.....but I hope I never hear Fields of Athenry again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

i thought they played crap tonight...pass the ball to Stephen Ward...long hoof up the left wing.
    Or plan B ...pass the ball to John O Shea and hoof the ball up field.

the subs made were mind boggling i cannot see why they didnt change things at half time to bring McLean or some one on with a bit of pace on the wings.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭finty

elefant wrote: »
    Why all the negativity?
    and feck it, that's about all we could have hoped for.

To be sure to be sure

"low lie the.......blah blah blah"

more beer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Couldn't agree more spending thousands to get over there. There entitled to sing if they want to fair play to them I hope they have a great night.
    What do people expect from Ireland we scrapped
    Thru a poor group and had plenty of luck in doing so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

murpho999 wrote: »
    Ah well looking forward to our next Euros appearance in 24 years.

Roll on Euro 2036.

Trapattoni will still be picking Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

1294304891224770.jpeg

Corholio wrote: »
    The thing is we didnt play all that great either tonight. We had a few long range shots, a few crosses mostly claimed by Buffon, thats about it. Just was a lot better than previous games. If we played like that, we still would have beaten in the other games.

There was more intensity in parts, there was more ambition to get forward and actually try though!

LOL they didn't just go to support the team, it was a cheap holiday and a piss up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I thought we played well in the first half, got swamped towards the end.

We didn't play at the standard needed at this level in the tournament, although we got very few breaks either.

Disappointing not to see some fresh blood for the last game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

low lie the fields of Athenry,
    where once we watched the small freebird fly
    Kevin Doyle was on the wing
    Where the **** was James McClean?
    etc etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Time for a cleanout at the FAI.

Players, Management / Coaching staff.

And John Delaney.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Did we set a record for offsides as well by any chance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Irish people love the word begrudger. I don't know why.

The team and manager don't deserve any singing or support after this farce of a tournament.

Not that the people in the stands are singing for the team mind, they are singing because Irish people are sooooo concerned about what everyone else thinks of us, they are signing so they can read about themselves in the local newspapers tomorrow and so they can come back and look back and say, jasus we were great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

So singing or tearing up the stadium are the only two possible responses when your team gets hammered?

Advertisement