Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to stop bloody birds chirping during night!!?

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Am I the only one that thinks little birds chirping in the morning is actually a rather romantic way to wake up with the missus and also a rather relaxing sound to hear too??

I mean whats next....get rid of or even kill the bees because someone doesnt like the buzzing noise??

Come on people...wize up here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

paddy147 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks little birds chirping in the morning is actually a rather romantic way to wake up with the missus and also a rather relaxing sound to hear too??

I mean whats next....get rid of or even kill the bees because someone doesnt like the buzzing noise??

Come on people...wize up here.

If you like to sit looking at your missus at 4am every morning thats great, but I have to get up for work shortly after. I obviously don't want to kill all the birds or I wouldn't have bothered with this thread. Its to try make them perch somewhere else. We haven't had a good nights sleep in months and as romantic and all as it is, its very frustrating.

nacimroc wrote: »
    If you like to sit looking at your missus at 4am every morning thats great, but I have to get up for work shortly after. I obviously don't want to kill all the birds or I wouldn't have bothered with this thread. Its to try make them perch somewhere else. We haven't had a good nights sleep in months and as romantic and all as it is, its very frustrating.

I love looking at my missus what ever time of the morning,day or night it is.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

paddy147 wrote: »
    I love looking at my missus what ever time of the morning,day or night it is.:D

Me too. ;)

Einhard wrote: »
    Me too. ;)

A good "session" each night,just before you go asleep,and that will knock both of you out to sleep.;):D

Good excercise too.:D

• Advertisement

I'll try convince her thats the best fix for the problem, but I'm not holding out hope :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

I was looking through the garden shop section of the Irish times website, and they have a life-sized sparrowhawk model for sale. Apparently it scares birds away from the garden or house, but then they would say that. Anyway, might be worth a punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Einhard wrote: »
    I was looking through the garden shop section of the Irish times website, and they have a life-sized sparrowhawk model for sale. Apparently it scares birds away from the garden or house, but then they would say that. Anyway, might be worth a punt.
    Thanks for that. My parents are driven demented by pigeons being fed by a neighbour pooing all over their patio, this might do the trick since it's only fear of the law that's stopping my dad getting a shotgun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

kylith wrote: »
    Thanks for that. My parents are driven demented by pigeons being fed by a neighbour pooing all over their patio, this might do the trick since it's only fear of the law that's stopping my dad getting a shotgun.

Once shared accommodation with a bloke that used a shotgun from his bedroom window to quiet down the dawn chorus :rolleyes: kind of defeated trying to having a sleep in, in the morning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

gozunda wrote: »
    Once shared accommodation with a bloke that used a shotgun from his bedroom window to quiet down the dawn chorus :rolleyes: kind of defeated trying to having a sleep in, in the morning...

:D

Modern earplugs work fine. 20 cents each...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Leave out food down the end of your garden; that might tempt them away from your house?

Do you have a cat? My cat kills a bird about once a month, and the garden is bird free for about two weeks after.

Failing that, a friend of mine bought a yoke that's like a gun that fires a super high pitched sound. It's designed to annoy cats but it works on birds too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Graces7 wrote: »
    gozunda wrote: »

:D

Modern earplugs work fine. 20 cents each...

Not for a shot gun blast at near quarters they ain't.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 tipseymcT

Did ya ever manage to get the bird to stay away? Have the same problem with a sparrow over my bedroom window,he never takes a break & just chirps all day,i dont know how he doesnt starve to death cos he never seems to go find food,just sits the chirpin his little head off.normally wouldnt bother my but im on night shift this week & its doin my head in.
    Tried squirting water at him& he comes back as soon as i close the window. anyone have any luck with the bird of prey models? or was thinkin about putting a cat teddy on the roof.

I bought a fake owl, very realistic looking and put it on the window ledge about 5 feet from where the little ****er he perches! He stands there all night laughing at it! :D

The owl freaks humans out but the little bird doesn't give 2 ****es! We now sleep with the window closed, but I'm waiting for swallows to leg it for winter which will let us open the windows again.

I did put silicon on the gutter edges over the other window and that did work. It stopped them perching there. The other spot is a bit hard to get to with a ladder but I plan on doing it this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Depending on the design of a house etc , I noticed that inverted nails are useful on ledges and gutters. They are so useful that even architecturally important centuries old buildings such as the Duomo in Milan have them to stop Pigeons roosting and leaving droppings everywhere. So how can they spoil a 2 bed council house etc if they are even used in Italy, Spain, Greece etc on ancient structures ?

This website gives some idea of what I am referring to :

http://www.birdstoppers.com/site/439038/page/580456

Advertisement