Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest Place To Buy Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein?

• 18-06-2012 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Not sure if this should be posted here, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just wondering if anyone knows the cheapest place to buy Gold Standard
    100% Whey Protein?

The prices I've seen are about €50 for the 2.27KG tub.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Mister-M5 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Not sure if this should be posted here, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

100% Whey Protein?

Cheers

You won't get it any cheaper than that unless you buy several or buy the 10lbs bag for €95

• Registered Users Posts: 34 AMT

Hpnutrition.net does it for 47.00 you will pay for delivery though..

Three for €134 that's 44.50 a piece and delivery's free

Discount Supps and Un sports nutrition do it for 50 and if he hit either of their Facebook they'll have a 5% off code so €47.50...

Still pay for delivery if you just order one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Hey guys,

100% Whey Protein?

Cheers

Are you in Dublin? If so pop down to Fighting fir Camden street,5lb on is 50euro along with a free shaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Hey guys,

100% Whey Protein?

Cheers

Are you in Dublin? If so pop down to Fighting fir Camden street,5lb on is 50euro along with a free shaker.

Have you ever tried the French vanilla? if so, is it horrible like the vanilla ice cream version

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Have you ever tried the French vanilla? if so, is it horrible like the vanilla ice cream version

I accidentally found out that the vanilla one is nice with Orange Juice, tastes like a Super Split :pac:

I thought all flavours would be bad though, so i always Mix, let it settle, down in one go. No need to taste any of it.

So are any flavours nice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I accidentally found out that the vanilla one is nice with Orange Juice, tastes like a Super Split :pac:

I thought all flavours would be bad though, so i always Mix, let it settle, down in one go. No need to taste any of it.

So are any flavours nice?

Not really, that's one of the reasons i switched to Dymatize. Dymatize is great quality, cheap and tastes amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Its 44.99e on discountsupplements for a week in there special offers section.

Link

From the people i serve every day flavor choice comes down to each individual,i introduced a few customers to the flavor you mentioned and they loved it over the normal vanilla,i do too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

€50 for 5lb? great value, is this for a limited time??

Devil08 wrote: »

Boardsies&students its an ongoing offer.

• Advertisement

Devil08 wrote: »

Is it a secret handshake or codeword for Boardsies discount?

Ah no just mention boards or this thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mister-M5

Cheers for all the help guys.

Ended up buying from Proteinsdepot.ie - €48 with next day free delivery via courier and a free shaker.

Went for the Cookies & Cream flavour. Very nice even with water but of course that's personal opinion.

Cheers again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Excellent point on taste being subjective.

It really is - however IME some flavours or flavouring can lend itself more to the 'marmite' response whilst others less so.

I've also found that somedays my personal view changes - somedays or at sometimes strawberry for example seems like the best option and then for another day or early in the am it is less appealing etc.

Now IMO my favourite flavours in order would be:

Strawberry
    Vanilla
    Banana
    Chocolate

In the past it would have been:

Chocolate
    Banana
    Strawberry
    Vanilla (hated it and now...:D)

Complete reversal almost!

If I was recommending a flavour to a newbie I'd probably suggest Vanilla or Strawberry.

Banana if done right is a great flavour - even heard of an banana flavoured amino acid drink in some far flung foreign country!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭davidlacey

there is a reason why it is the no1 selling protein in the world, don't be fooled by all these great tasting proteins out there, check the ingredients and amino acid profile first, nothing in my opinion beats ON Gold standard

davidlacey wrote: »
    there is a reason why it is the no1 selling protein in the world, don't be fooled by all these great tasting proteins out there, check the ingredients and amino acid profile first, nothing in my opinion beats ON Gold standard

You just opened a can of worms,but i agree with you.

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Excellent point on taste being subjective.

It really is - however IME some flavours or flavouring can lend itself more to the 'marmite' response whilst others less so.

I've also found that somedays my personal view changes - somedays or at sometimes strawberry for example seems like the best option and then for another day or early in the am it is less appealing etc.

Now IMO my favourite flavours in order would be:

Strawberry
    Vanilla
    Banana
    Chocolate

In the past it would have been:

Chocolate
    Banana
    Strawberry
    Vanilla (hated it and now...:D)

Complete reversal almost!

If I was recommending a flavour to a newbie I'd probably suggest Vanilla or Strawberry.

Banana if done right is a great flavour - even heard of an banana flavoured amino acid drink in some far flung foreign country!:eek:

Do you remember the product twinlab had in a grey cylindrical container i think it went be the name amino fuel,it was like thick pasty medicine gorgeous stuff it was.

davidlacey wrote: »
    You just opened a can of worms,but i agree with you.

If only ON could develop a decent strawberry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Not sure if it helps but I usually go with vanilla flavour and a tea spoon of instant coffee. It gives it a nice kick.

(just to point out, I use Syntha6 but flavoureise I guess it'll have the same affect).

Do you remember the product twinlab had in a grey cylindrical container i think it went be the name amino fuel,it was like thick pasty medicine gorgeous stuff it was.

Remember Amino Fuel but never tried it - I do remember a twinlab 2500 gainers in Banana and still have nightmares about it! LoL

As for that mediciny taste - cough syrup was the worst - too easy to take a bit more than recommended!:D

• Advertisement

The Strawberry is really hard to get used to.

I really got used to Vanilla and I find its nicer if I use less Water. Its nice in a smoothie and its nice just mixed with OJ so its the one I would go for above the rest. Mint Chocolate is grand but I need to use more water. Banana is good and second place after the Vanilla.

Fsv.ie are selling 10lb bags of ON for €85

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

It says 29 servings per tub. I hope they are not trying to sell the 2lb tubs for €45

They are, it's in the new catalogue. The 5lb one is €90.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Groupon Deal for discountsupplements.ie http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/Discount-Supplements/8262070

€16 for €40, making Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein 2.27kg €25.95 ex delivery.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    They are, it's in the new catalogue. The 5lb one is €90.:eek:

Looks like they took the British RRP which is very expensive and converted it to euros lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭RNC

It says 29 servings per tub. I hope they are not trying to sell the 2lb tubs for €45

b*llox to tat, the pic of the choc flavour looks like a 5lber so i never looked into it further

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

• Advertisement

From the people i serve every day flavor choice comes down to each individual,i introduced a few customers to the flavor you mentioned and they loved it over the normal vanilla,i do too.

Have you ever tried the caramel toffee flavour?

Nearly fell out of my chair when I saw the argos price. Makes Tesco look cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 AMT

Weylin wrote: »

That's deceptive they're showing the 5lb tub and posting prices for the 2lb mini tub

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

It's way nicer than the vanilla ice cream.

How many flavours do ON have something like 24?

For me personally - you have the four standards we all know after that maybe a twist on vanilla, 1-2 citrus type flavours, mint chocolate and one more for a total of 9-10 flavours max and even then I think this is too much choice.

When you have 3-4 variants on Chocolate it's hard for Joe Public to make a decision and must be hard to keep every flavour in every size in stock! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

ON Chocoloate Mint til I die! Amazing! Havnt tried the strawberry but Im going to get some for mixing into my porridge! yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

dr.deadlift,i know thread is getting old but is that offer still in camden st.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭newportlad

Newbie here!

Would this offer still be ongoing does anyone know? Thinking of taking a trip up to the shop tomorrow..

• Advertisement
Advertisement