Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRENCH SPEAKER IN CORK

Options
  • 18-06-2012 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I need a bit of help in finding a french person, maybe a student ot soemthing to come to our city based office and work. Ive tried the colleges in Cork and also Interns Ireland as this wouldnt be an actual job, more like an internship but its been unfruitful!

Anyone know of any source i could be tapping into here?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

Hey,

I need a bit of help in finding a french person, maybe a student ot soemthing to come to our city based office and work. Ive tried the colleges in Cork and also Interns Ireland as this wouldnt be an actual job, more like an internship but its been unfruitful!

Thanks

Try Essential French on the Grand Parade or ask at the Alliance Francaise on Mary Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

Thanks Jacko, Allianz said a striaght out no but the other one is calling me back.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

I guessed Alliance would say no but still thought that they might have directed you

Another option is the French Dept at UCC - ask if any of their post grads would be suitable/interested?

Ill give them a call there now as well. Its really tough, all the French Speakers in cork are getting lovely well paid jobs whereas all I am allowed offer is a paltry intern wage, so I am half mortified explaining to people what I am looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Hey,

Thanks
    What type of work is it and where in the City?
    I have 2 French friends I was in college with,they may know someone..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

If you need to find foreigners (including French people) in Cork take a look at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/internationalclubcork/

Hi, the work is in a tour operators, they would be helping with translations and making up itineraries and rooming lists and basically its suited to someone who is interested in starting in the tourism industry, who may be entitles to a jobbridge, or who simply wants the experience before heading back in their next college trimester.

Thanks for the facebook page.il post on that asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I did French for the Leaving and I'm a wizard with Google Translate if that's any good to ya :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

You should pay your workers. Why would a french speaker looking for work come and work for nothing for you when they'd probably have a half-decent chance of getting paid for their skill?

http://www.adverts.ie/jobs/multi-lingual/303322/q_french/county-Cork/

Hi thanks Cornbb for your reply, i agree whole heartedly, I am not the actual employer/ owner, I am however in charge of getting in this person for them.

sorry if i have deprived you of an internet argument bud :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Sorry OP, yes, I should have read the thread properly. Good luck on your mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 natashal

hi dixie
    natasha here from Essential French - we use an excellent company on the South Mall - Partnership Europe - who provide interns from all european countries. Give them a call and they should help you!

natasha

Advertisement