Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia Visa advice please

Options
  • 18-06-2012 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,

I am looking for visa advice please..
    My boyfriend and i intend to return to Australia next year to work. We had a whv in 2009, however had to return home half way through it. He is an engineer and is on list for skilled migration visa. I was just wondering is it too late for us to try and access 2nd year visa and maybe get sponsored from there? i have a sister also living there with a residents visa and a brother who will have his by then. i am just wondering does anyone know any other routes that may be possible for us rather than the skilled migration visa? or does anyone know of good contacts/websites for advice that is free? Any advice is much appreciated! We are both nearly 31 and 32.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

presuming you have racked up your quota of rural work iam pretty sure your age would come against you for your 2nd WHV.
    what have you got against going down the skilled migration route:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭QueenBee1

go to http://www.immi.gov.au/ you should get all info there but im concerned you might not meet the age requirements. All the best anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

You cannot get a 2nd WHV.
    Sponsorship or migration is your only option

• Registered Users Posts: 37 monkey brain

I am leaving skilled migration as last option as will cost so much, just wanted to explore if any other options. Thanks for replies, will have to look into it a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

I am leaving skilled migration as last option as will cost so much, just wanted to explore if any other options. Thanks for replies, will have to look into it a bit more.

i got my PR (skilled) visa for myself wife and 3 kids, and when all said and done cost less than 4k medicals, paperwork the lot included, tbh probably less than 3.5k if i sat down and added it all up properly. i thinkits very good valu for the freedom you have when you get there, plus sponsorship is going to be very hard to get from this side of the pond.

• Advertisement
Advertisement