Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you sexable for a drink?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Shít, I was there too. It was noisy and I thought she asked "Are you susceptible to the drink?". I said "It always takes me by surprise on a Sunday night". She walked off in a huff. I thought she was doing marketing research. :(

This may have been a dream also.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Unless their pints come with a rohypnol chaser. . .

if you use the rohypnol right you don't have to chase to much.....

sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

later12 wrote: »
    Bit harsh?

Nothing wrong with buying a girl a drink if you think it's going to help you get laid. It just costs a euro, it hardly makes you a "gormless horny idiot" just to take your chances on a one euro stake.
    Harsh? If you think that some random girl will let you jam it up her for one drink, then you're an idiot.

And if she is that kind of girl, then you're an idiot for sticking it up her. Never know what you'd catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

I haven't been opposed to a bit of flirting for a drink in the past but I've never known anyone to go that far..

Damn kids and their lack of morals, why I oughta!

I haven't been opposed to a bit of flirting for a drink in the past but I've never known anyone to go that far..

Damn kids and their lack of morals, why I oughta!

There is a difference in flirting and whoring yourself

• Advertisement

If they were to do that all night then **** off to another bar, it costs them nothing on a night out.
    Some fellas will fall for anything when the word sex is involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

seamus wrote: »
    Harsh? If you think that some random girl will let you jam it up her for one drink, then you're an idiot.

And if she is that kind of girl, then you're an idiot for sticking it up her. Never know what you'd catch.
    Have a lot of success with women do you?

Having a drink with a girl is a good conversation starter. No need to be so matriarchal about it. Also, we have these things called condoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

It sounds to me that she was just having a laugh, even if she did look 'slutty'.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

later12 wrote: »
    Have a lot of success with women do you?

Having a drink with a girl is a good conversation starter. No need to be so matriarchal about it. Also, we have these things called condoms.
    Yeah, I'm as successful as I need to be. I don't think my wife would appreciate me buying drinks for women in pubs ;)

Plus, condoms won't protect you against herpes and crabs. Have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

Clearly the correct response would be that you'd consider being "sexable", but only for a minimum of two drinks and a bag of crisps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,048 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

A pint with a lot of head.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Where were you getting a euro a pint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

seamus wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm as successful as I need to be. I don't think my wife would appreciate me buying drinks for women in pubs ;)

Plus, condoms won't protect you against herpes and crabs. Have fun!
    Oh yes, it's a sexual minefield out there.

I think I'll stay at home with Mother and play telly bingo infuture, I daren't contract venereal crabs off some strumpet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

danniemcq wrote: »
    nah if you look it up on Urban dictionary you can see she was asking if i'd have sex for a drink.

hold up here. If she said - are you sexable for a drink ?? - she was asking you if you would have sex with her if she bought you a drink.

Tstch tsch OP - you missed out on a free drink !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

RVP 11 wrote: »
    If they were to do that all night then **** off to another bar, it costs them nothing on a night out.
    Some fellas will fall for anything when the word sex is involved.

But some fella might decide he deserves is sexable time and follow them and attack them, or even sue them for a breach of contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Beer=good
    Sex=good

If I was to break the ice and suggest something like that I think it would be a win win situation!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

Yeah, if you bought her a drink she would've said thanks and just walked off:P

Although she could've been underage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

danniemcq wrote: »
    and no i didn't buy her a drink was buying 2 pints for myself and a bulmers (not included in promotion) for the GF so i wasn't gonna try anything anyway.

GF turned down the 1 euro Heiniken and demanded a Bulmers. That's typical GF behaviour to be honest. You're the victim in all of this OP. I feel your pain.

I remember when I was in McGowans at Christmas several years ago, I was at the bar buying myself a drink when this guy insisted that he buy me a drink. I didn't really fancy him so I tried to resist but he kept at it so I have to eventually relent. Anyway I stayed and chatted with him for a few minutes and then I made my excuses and went back to my friends. He stood at the bar for about ten minutes staring over at me when he eventually came over and took the half pint he bought me out of my hand and walked off. So I don't really take drinks off strangers anymore.

Lux23 wrote: »
    I remember when I was in McGowans at Christmas several years ago, I was at the bar buying myself a drink when this guy insisted that he buy me a drink. I didn't really fancy him so I tried to resist but he kept at it so I have to eventually relent. Anyway I stayed and chatted with him for a few minutes and then I made my excuses and went back to my friends. He stood at the bar for about ten minutes staring over at me when he eventually came over and took the half pint he bought me out of my hand and walked off. So I don't really take drinks off strangers anymore.

It's a good job you didn't start going out with him, and get engaged and break it off, or he would have sawed your finger off to get the ring back, the mark of a true gentleman.:(

• Advertisement

Yea. I had another weird one when a bloke in Flannerys bought me a pint, he seemed nice at first but he began to ask me very personal questions so I just walked away after a bit. He came shouting after me 'I bought you a drink so you have to talk to me'.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

OP she was clearly flirting with you and almost certainly joking.
    Ideal response would be as follows:
    "Depends, are you offering me sex if I buy you a drink, or are you offering me a drink if I have sec with you?" ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

Any girl who can be bought with a drink at a bar is not worth buying

GF turned down the 1 euro Heiniken and demanded a Bulmers. That's typical GF behaviour to be honest. You're the victim in all of this OP. I feel your pain.

tell me about it!

all other couples at the table were 4 quid a round 2*2.

mine came to 7.50 (2 pints and a pint bottle of bulmers)

won't make that mistake again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

hold up here. If she said - are you sexable for a drink ?? - she was asking you if you would have sex with her if she bought you a drink.

I get you, but I doubt the semantics of the sentence structure was of much concern to the person inquiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I was thinking the same thing - was the OP offered a drink to have sex with her? :confused:

Not really - but lol at the idiot who tried to buy them drink.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Lux23 wrote: »
    Yea. I had another weird one when a bloke in Flannerys bought me a pint, he seemed nice at first but he began to ask me very personal questions so I just walked away after a bit. He came shouting after me 'I bought you a drink so you have to talk to me'.

I was just lonely :(

gara wrote: »
    Any girl who can be bought with a drink at a bar is not worth buying

Not even if you get money back on the empties?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Ehhh...she was trying out the latest craze fresh from the states....it's callled....(what for it....suspense!)....cracking a joke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Sex first then.

Advertisement