Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three trouts land - alleged corruption

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

bido wrote: »
    I thought the land in question ran from the bridge down along the river.:eek:
    maybe someone a bit more 'tech'enabled than me could put up a map of the site.but its where pixbyjohn described...theres an entrance from charlesland grove..and rather nice walk thru it from an entrance that starts on church road.killincarrig end.xcross from the bus stop and comes out at 3 trouts bridge..b.t.w anybody know why its called 3 trouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    The entrance to this piece of land is on the Kilcoole side John Nolan's House, There is a pair of Iron gates at the entrance and a laneway leads to the land in question. Other than the entrance the land does not border on the Kilcoole road. I think Bido may be mixing up the actual location of the land.

This land does not border the Kilcoole Road at all and as far as I know does not border the public walkway that is the mill walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Maudi wrote: »
    maybe someone a bit more 'tech'enabled than me could put up a map of the site.but its where pixbyjohn described...theres an entrance from charlesland grove..and rather nice walk thru it from an entrance that starts on church road.killincarrig end.xcross from the bus stop and comes out at 3 trouts bridge..b.t.w anybody know why its called 3 trouts?
    http://www.delganyheritagevillage.com/three_trout_stream.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

An update on this, as the story is currently back on the front page of the local freebie, the Wicklow Times, under the headline "Corruption File Stolen". According to the paper, Minister for Environment and local Govt. Alan Kelly had a file on his desk relating to this rezoning. The file contained "detailed new information" but has now gone missing, and was "possibly stolen". Wicklowgate!!

Here's some more background info; an interesting story with a cast of well known, even infamous local characters, and the building of Charlesland estate is at the very heart of it. It explains some of the interactions between County managers, councillors, Sean Fitzpatrick formerly of Anglo Irish Bank, Ballymore homes (the Charlesland builders) and the semi-derelict part of the main street in Bray, a good stretch of which was bought up for the proposed Florentine shopping centre, which then went to Nama.

And this;
    Another controversy that continues to rock the council surrounds 3.5 acres of land at Three Trouts adjoining Charlesland which senior officials sought to obtain through a compulsory purchase order (CPO) some years ago. They claimed that it was required for social housing, despite claims to An Bord Pleanála by the then landowner, John Nolan,that the land was on a flood plain.
    In an echo of Dooley’s recent allegations the landowner, since deceased, also claimed that the real reason for the purchase was to facilitate road access to lands at Charlesland owned by Zapi, an assertion denied by the council officials. No plans for social housing have been advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

"despite claims to An Bord Pleanála by the then landowner, John Nolan,that the land was on a flood plain."
    John Nolan never owned the land in question, he did have livestock on it alright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement