Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best ram layout?

Options
  • 18-06-2012 4:20pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I had 4x1gb ballistix ram 800mhz 4-4-4-12 DDR2 in a pc. One of the sticks appears to be faulty, as it gives a lot of errors in memtest, thousands of errors. The other 3 sticks do not.

Now I also have Patriot 2x1GB PC6400 (800MHz) DDR2 that runs well also.
    Which should I stick in to the pc?

3x1gb of ballistix?
    3x1gb of ballistix+1x patriot?
    2x1gb ballistix+ 2x1 patriot?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Option 3, you'll not have dual channel Ram unless you have pairs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Yep, go with option 3, and make sure you put the matched pairs in the right slots.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Good I was hoping that. AS that layout is installing windows atm :pac:

Only leaves 1xgb for another pc, damn failing ram, just bought it second hand >:|

Advertisement