Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router Disconnecting

Options
  • 18-06-2012 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I'm having problems with my eircom connection, it can go fine for a couple of hours and suddenly I get a limited connection meaning I can't connect to the Internet, once I switch the router on and off it will go fine for a while. It happens at least once per day if not more. What could be the problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

dannyc1 wrote: »
    I'm having problems with my eircom connection, it can go fine for a couple of hours and suddenly I get a limited connection meaning I can't connect to the Internet, once I switch the router on and off it will go fine for a while. It happens at least once per day if not more. What could be the problem?

Hi dannyc1,

There are a good few reasons why this could be happening. Without testing the line directly I would only be guessing at this stage. Could you send a PM with the account details and I'll look into it. If your post count prevents you sending a PM, I have sent a test message so you should be able to reply to that one directly.

Thanks

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

dannyc1 wrote: »

Hi dannyc1,

Thanks for the PM, have managed to run a few tests on this today. There is an indication of a minor problem. The broadband signal itself seems to be pretty good. From experience it seems to be an internal issue. Sending a technician would result in a charge if this is the case so we need to rule out any private equipment or 3rd party devices as the issue. The best way to do this is to follow this checklist from the eircom community forum. This gives the basic troubleshooting steps that tech support would ask you to carry out over the phone so will save you some time in that respect. Try the checklist and when the setup is cut back either contact us here or call 1890 260 260 to allow us to test it again.

Regards

James

Advertisement