Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webtext

Options
  • 18-06-2012 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at changing from o2 to a different provider and want to know what other providers webtext service is like, how many text can be send etc? I'm getting 500 from o2 at the min, I don't use them up but I go through more than half. I see cabbage is only compatible with the following: Meteor (300), O2 (500), Vodafone (600), Three (333), eMobile, Tesco Mobile (200/50).

--- edit ---

Found out how many can be send from most providers.

Not sure if they all do international txt though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

jozi wrote: »

Not sure if they all do international txt though.

o2 have done for years.

VF for the past 2 years

and three do since last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I've had trouble with o2 international text, to be fair, I think the majority of mates abroad that I text have whatsapp.

I'm leaning towards changing to "3".

jozi wrote: »
    I'm leaning towards changing to "3".

Are you looking for anything else rather than webtexts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I find since I got a smart phone I use cabbage a lot so webtext and reasonable data (I use wifi a lot) free/cheap calls would be a bonus.

Just been told about Tesco mobile, which also looks decent enough.

Plenty of options for unlimited Irish texts, and then you could save the web texts for international numbers

• Advertisement
Advertisement