Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Bike Hire in Galway City

Options
  • 18-06-2012 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of some place that hires out electric bikes in the city? I wouldn't mind having a go on one of them for curiosity sake and the best way way to see how good they are is to rent one for a few hours I'd think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, hiring before buying is a good idea.
    I don't know of any places in the city but there are some threads in Cycling discussing the bikes generally.

Most pages on the net seems to be for Dublin, so no news there.
    Perhaps just ring the usual shops and ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

try kinley house. i seen bikes locked up near the entrance of eyre square shopping centre and im nearly sure they were both electric and had kinley house stickers on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭squonk

Thanks Swiftman, will do. I do see a place on Aran renting them. It'd be such a pain to have to go to Aran for a day to try them out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

my guess is you mean inis mor when you say aran?
    make a day of it and go if you havent been there before.
    it breaks my heart saying this and dont tell anyone, but its a nice place on a nice day if not to many visitors are around.
    locals there are money grabbing and dont care but with the bike you would be grand for the day.

other two islands are just as nice and ten times more friendly. i know :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Slightly OT but there is a free 2hr bicycle rental in Eyre Square this week to mark Bike Week..so we can all have a go at the super-duper ultra-expensive marvellous SQR paths :pac:
    You can also try out a whacky bike - whatever that is, and pedal a smoothie.

Are you from one of those smaller islands then swiftman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭squonk

Hi Swiftman, yeah Inis Mor. Aran is on my list to visit. I'm from North Clare and have never made it out so I was going this summer anyway. Getting to try out the bikes would be even better however and, as you say, a lovely way to spend the day.

Subbleste, how long is the free rental going on for? Is it on Saturday?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

squonk wrote: »
    Hi Swiftman, yeah Inis Mor. Aran is on my list to visit. I'm from North Clare and have never made it out so I was going this summer anyway. Getting to try out the bikes would be even better however and, as you say, a lovely way to spend the day.
    Subbleste, how long is the free rental going on for? Is it on Saturday?

Business hours until Friday.

Advertisement