Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coutureforhire.com

• 18-06-2012 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

Heard an ad on the radio for coutureforhire.com this morning and gave it a look out of curiosity :) It sounds like a bit of a <SNIP> at worst or just a very badly thought out plan at best. The prices are ludicrous, some dresses cost up to 50% of eBay retail price just to hire for 3 days. There is also a very vague membership option where you pay either €299, €399 or €999. From what I can gather, your membership then entitles you to rent a certain number of dresses within a certain price bracket. Its all done by post. Am I the only one that thinks this whole setup is a bit dubious? Is it normal to pay such a high percentage of face value for rental? I know if I had a few hundred to spend, I'd rather buy a half decent designer dress than blow the whole lot on renting a so called couture gown for 3 days :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

Seems exceedingly pricey but maybe it's for insurance for damage or maybe they're trying to recoup cost for the actual dress. I don't know though, I won't be hiring anything from there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Cookie, please fill out this form to register your issue http://www.boards.ie/contact/

Please do not post again on behalf of your company, it against site rules to advertise.

Thread locked for time being.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement