Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(hopefully) Quick Question

Options
  • 18-06-2012 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Short version:
    Does anyone know if this PC[link is to argos for those who will feign offence at such things] has a PCI-E slot available?

One of the customer reviews says it does, a Q+A page on the british site says it doesn't. I can see the Q+A person just reading the specs out of the catalogue though.

Long version:

I'm in the market for a new PC and doing the run around for what I was thinking might be my first build, largely so I can get the best bang for my buck even though my buck is very small(500 quid, have monitor, need everything else).

Then I saw this. Throw in a graphics card and a wireless card, maybe upgrade the PSU, and it looks perfect for my needs (Which are not much: Run Swtor at a playable level and skype simultaneously. That's pretty much it.). But the internet is giving me conflicting info on if that is actually possible.

I find it hard to believe a modern desktop might come without a PCI-E slot, but it also comes without ethernet so who knows what's going on in there!

May skip it, if only so I can try my hand at building my own anyway:).

Comments

Advertisement