Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaged Micro USB on Nokia N8 - wear and tear?

Options
  • 18-06-2012 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've just noticed that the female micro USB port on my phone is damaged. The piece of plastic on which in electrical connections are located is loose.

I've don't really use the USB a whole lot and I'm always careful with it, but I have had the phone over a year and a half. Nokia have a two year warranty.

I'm just wonding would this be considered normal wear an tear, or a defect which would be covered under warranty? Another slight problem is that the phone was dropped, and still has a small crack in the screen, which may affect the warranty.

Thanks,

Kev.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can chance it, but the crack might let you down.

Otherwise if you dont want to pay up, just transfer via bluetooth. The dongle will cost less then a €5 delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

i messed up my n8's software while trying to flash delight belle on to it. Had to send it back to Nokia via phonemenders cause they couldn't fix it. It's almost 2 years old now and damaged on the top plastic section due to a fall. Anyway, it came back with a new top section a new bottom section a new screen and software fixed. It's working better than ever and looks new too. Cost was 20e for phonemenders. I'd send it off if i were you.

Advertisement