Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you become more religious because of the leaving cert

• 18-06-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I find myself less attached to god unfortunately

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 motorola1337

i have become less religious if anything

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

wtf sort of a question is this? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I no longer believe in Plath if that's what you're wondering...

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EducationFinder

wtf sort of a question is this? :confused:
    I found all of this really stressful and iam not gonna get my points second time arround.
    It made me feel that there was no god because I really did do my best and behond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

uh oh here we go :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I found all of this really stressful and iam not gonna get my points second time arround.
    It made me feel that there was no god because I really did do my best and behond.

Don't know where in the Bible it states:
    "And God said to man: 'Thou art destined to achieve high points in the LC if you repeat numerous times.'"

Maybe the standard LC method isn't your pathway in life?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

yeah that and put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye..

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EducationFinder

reznov wrote: »

"And God said to man: 'Thou art destined to achieve high points in the LC if you repeat numerous times.'"

Maybe the standard LC method isn't your pathway in life?

Wish it freakin' did -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

Only way God will be involved in your exams is if you're doing religion on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I'm not aware of the correlation between Faith and State exams to be honest :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'm not aware of the correlation between Faith and State exams to be honest :rolleyes:

That might be a question in the paper two next year. Find the correlation coefficient of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Deuternonomy I think.

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Deuternonomy I think.

No I think it's in the Genesis if anything.
    The back page, burned during the reformation. :rolleyes:

800th post.
    What way to go.

I'm not aware of the correlation between Faith and State exams to be honest
    That might be a question in the paper two next year. Find the correlation coefficient of it.

0. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Well it's no wonder you did sh*t second time around with logic like that..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LovintheLC

St. Joseph has been having the lolz and bants with me during these exams! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Well it's no wonder you did sh*t second time around with logic like that..

Douche much? You'd be feeling pretty low too if you messed up the LC the 2nd time round as well in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Must. Refrain. From commenting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

This guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_of_Cupertino

Patron saint of idiots turning up with one answer and getting the question. Done me good for plenty of years (37 +) - if you're not religious get someone who is to pray to him. Works, or else you could study. Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Douche much? You'd be feeling pretty low too if you messed up the LC the 2nd time round as well in fairness.
    I wouldn't blame God for it anyway. That sh*t would be emo.

• Advertisement

But sure in fairness it's mainly under your control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I don't think I've ever been really religious to begin with if anything I'd have rather spent my time on other subjects than religion which hasn't got any use for me later in life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

I wouldn't lose your faith because of the leavin'. I believe that what's meant to be is meant to be. Maybe for some reason your not supposed to do that specific course? Or go to that specific college? I know a lot of people don't believe in that sort of approach to life, but I do. Maybe you should try something different, stop worrying about points, look at other ways of getting into the field of work you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

god's a placebo, if believing it makes you feel happy about your life, go ahead and do so.... but its really.. REALLY, not gonna change sh*t for your exams...

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

god's a placebo, if believing it makes you feel happy about your life, go ahead and do so.... but its really.. REALLY, not gonna change sh*t for your exams...

And by mentioning that, you've technically rendered the placebo useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

aww snap, well, while im at it... SANTA'S NOT REAL EITHER!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Togepi wrote: »
    0. ;)

There is a correlation between IQ and (lack of) religious beliefs so I think it should carry over into LC points.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Kelix

aww snap, well, while im at it... SANTA'S NOT REAL EITHER!!!
    he's not?

GarIT wrote: »
    There is a correlation between IQ and (lack of) religious beliefs so I think it should carry over into LC points.

Really? What, like the higher your IQ, the less likely you are to be religious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Sorta.
    I got loads of those exam prayer things from people that I kept in my bag.
    I kept one in my left jean pocket during all the exams except for maths paper 2 and that one went crap.
    So I've gotten more superstitious if anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement