Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colourful Hooker !

Options
  • 18-06-2012 5:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

Cool eh ? :)

198411_10150973196671941_97214744_n.jpg

Photo - Galway Advertiser Facebook Page

What do you think ? 48 votes

Yay
    0% 0 votes
    Yuk
    87% 42 votes
    Meh
    12% 6 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

looks class!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

hubba hubba :D
    Did they carry out an environmental impact assessment on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Way nicer than the usual rust bucket look.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nice, is it "street knitting"?

Wonder will it last long.
    Some clown/s will probably pull it off, it doesn't look hard to remove.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

biko wrote: »
    Done by the kids from Tirellan N.S.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I think it looks so much better than the horror that lies beneath. I was looking at the sails the last day thinking how awful they look. The rust colour is all uneven and there's graffitti, it's looking really shabby these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

biko wrote: »

There is a tree decked out in the same type covering in the grounds of NUIG...... Near the college bar:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 U2sir

Beautiful. Electric fence around it would alter the colour of all approaching vandals to match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I know it was done by kidlets and that means there is only so much they can actually produce but I think it's a shame that it's only one side, makes the back of it look stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

i also seen this done to tree's down in wexford. i dont know how it started or whats the meaning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭RINO87

I think its brilliant!! The dodgy "graffiti" and rust on the sails made it look really trashy. I passed this on my way into work earlier today and it made me smile. Well done to the school involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I prefer it on trees, but fair play for trying to brighten things up with a bit of creativity. You'll see a lot of 'knitted pieces' at the festivals too. Saw plenty of people in awe of the pretty colours at 3am! :p

Advertisement