Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career Change Advice NEEDED!!

• 18-06-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,

I just want to throw out a question to anybody who works in a job that evolves people skills. I am currently working in Finance and absolutely HATE it. Everyone has always told me I have such strong people skills and I'm a people person. I recently attended a Career Coach, which was the best thing I ever did, and it threw up exactly what I suspected: I should be working with people, involving creativity and NOT analytical or accounts based!

So I guess my question out there is to anyone that has made a switch in to a difference career, how they found it, and how they went about doing it. I just cannot stay put where I am any longer staring at spreadsheets all day, but don't know how to get the ball rolling!! It's difficult looking for jobs on websites as you have to filter what sector you want to look in; i.e. HR, Recruitment, etc.

In an ideal world I would love to run my own business, but I do not have a cent to put to a business plan and just cannot take the financial risk!

I would appreciate if anyone would know what's best step to take next or if you've been through it before!

Advertisement