Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac Face and Body....i need help with colours

• 18-06-2012 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭

I have a voucher for houseoffraser.co.uk and I would love to try Mac Face and Body foundation. However nowhere near me sells it so I can't try the colour beforehand.The colours on the site and on the Mac site are very difficult to tell what might suit with.

I have quite pale skin and dark brown/black hair. I prefer foundations with pink undertones to those with a yellow base. Can anyone here tell me what colour might generally suit pale skin and if the bases tend to be pink or yellows.

I know it's someway impossible to say without seeing me but I won't have the opportunity to blow this much on a foundation again and I willing to make a mistake.Any personal experience would be hugely appreciated.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Nw15

The w is warm ie pinky. If you have the sterotypical pale Irish skin your tone should be Nw15.

C - Stands for Cool. Best for yellow, golden olive skin.
    NC - Stands for Neutral Cool. So is best for skins with a slight golden glow. Common color.
    N - Stands for Neutral. Beige skin. Common color. (only available in Studio Fix Foundation)
    W - Stands for warm. So best for pinkish skin.
    NW - Stands for Neutral warm. Pink beige skin. If you have irish in your blood you could be W or NW.

You can order samples on ebay if you want to be doubely sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Do House of Fraser sell Mac Face and Body, I thought it was a Pro product?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

Also take a look at the temptalia foundation matrix. If you know your shade in another foundation you should be able to find an equivalent. Just to note you'll need to select cool or warm tones first and cool = pink and warm = yellow. Mac just name theirs the other way around as the person above described

http://www.temptalia.com/foundation-matrix

Advertisement