Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT call for participants

Options
  • 18-06-2012 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm helping out with a show as part of Solstice and we're looking for between 3 - 10 women aged 60+ to participate in a contemporary dance piece called 'The Work, The Work' by Fitzgerald & Stapleton.

You would be participating as a planted audience, so you won't be dancing yourselves, just watching the piece. We are also looking for some of you to perform some quick and simple technical operations, so for example switching on a TV or the lights at a certain part of the piece. We will also be looking for some of you to act as Box Office personnel and as an usher.

The piece will be performed on the 27th and 28th of June from 5.30pm each night and will be on in An Spalpin Fanac near the Beamish and Crawford site. We are more than happy to have people for one or other of the nights, or both! Just be sure to let us know what your availability is.

The Work, The Work is a piece that debates the interplay of individuality, gender, capitalism and power within current Irish society through movement, projection and spoken word. Your participation in the piece will help us convey the central message in The Work, The Work.

Please note that the piece will be performed by Fitzgerald & Stapleton nude and will contain scenes that are explicit in nature.

If you could also pass this on to anyone who might be interested that would be greatly appreciated.

Please respond to this thread and I'll PM you my number or you can PM me yours! Or alternatively I can be reached at amy[at]solsticecork[dot]com

Thanks for any help and info!

--

Also, if anyone's interested in general volunteering for the event [27th - 30th] let me know as well! Thanks so much people! :)

Advertisement