Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thumbhole or straight.

Options
  • 18-06-2012 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

Waiting a while for my cz varmint serial number:rolleyes: i think they only manufacture when they have enough orders....

Thinking of changing the stock from straight to thumbhole, only an extra 50euro.......... should I , shouldn't I.....:confused:

Undecided,,,,,,,

P.s. may sell on in 3 yrs if underused..........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Waiting a while for my cz varmint serial number:rolleyes: i think they only manufacture when they have enough orders....

Thinking of changing the stock from straight to thumbhole, only an extra 50euro.......... should I , shouldn't I.....:confused:

Undecided,,,,,,,

P.s. may sell on in 3 yrs if underused..........

Thumbhole all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Straight. Don't like thumbhole stocks myself on sporting guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Thumbhole feels great. I was only holding a cz one yesterday and it felt real good, although i had to hold it right handed to see how they felt(im a lefty). they do seem so be heavy enough though.

If you resell it you will lose any potential left handed buyers.. and there seems to be quiet a few left handed shooters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

I bought a cz thumbhole recently and I really like it. It's a really comfortable position for my hand. The only downside is that I can't work the bolt as quickly with it as I can with my straight stock rifle

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Thumbhole for me.

Always liked the look, and more importantly the feel of them. Much better grip, and feel more in "control".
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

+1. I love my 455 thumbhole. It feels very secure and solid to hold and i can work the bolt just as fast as the old 452 no problem. Th higher cheekpiece suits me better but it's really a matter of preference. Try to find someone with one and try it out. If you're ever out west you can give me a shout and try mine anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Thumbhole for me too, love the 455 thumbhole stock, would prefer a lighter barrel though. Don't see the point in a heavy one, its not goin too heat up much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

Ballot counted, email sent to dealer to change from straight to Thumb hole........cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

garv123 wrote: »
    Thumbhole feels great. I was only holding a cz one yesterday and it felt real good, although i had to hold it right handed to see how they felt(im a lefty)
    They will be releasing a left handed version at the start of next year;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

Thumb hole. Pick one up to see. I bet you will like it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

thumbhole for me everytime, i get a much better fit with one, the top of the cheek piece is much closer to your line of sight than with a lot of other stocks , many production rifles are still designed to be used with open sights and stocked accordingly

Advertisement