Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re grant entitlement

Options
  • 18-06-2012 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Hoping somebody can help me out here. I'm going back to study medicine in october. Really looking forward to it :-) but just wondering am i entitled to any kind of assistance at all ? I already have a level 8 degree and am currently in a fulltime permanent job. From my understanding i'm entitled to no assistance whatsoever. Hopefully someone here may be able to advise me differently :-)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm afraid I can be of no help answering you, but I have been accepted to a course for this September but cannot really afford the fees. I am a mature student, have a degree already and work full time. I really doubt I'm entitled to anything but have registered with SUSI and made a grant application anyway.

If you don't ask you don't get, so you might as well apply and see if there is something you're entitled to. I hope you get some positive responses- and good luck in October! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

speeding wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Hoping somebody can help me out here. I'm going back to study medicine in october. Really looking forward to it :-) but just wondering am i entitled to any kind of assistance at all ? I already have a level 8 degree and am currently in a fulltime permanent job. From my understanding i'm entitled to no assistance whatsoever. Hopefully someone here may be able to advise me differently :-)

I think you will probably not be entitled to a grant or free fees

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I think you will probably not be entitled to a grant or free fees
    No, definitely not free fees if you already have a degree, unfortunately.
    I'm sure the OP knows that already though.. I hope! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭auskid

Hi everyone, I to have alittle question regarding a grant application. I am just wondering do i need to put my girlfriends income on the application we do live together in rented accomodation and she earns around 380 euros per week. will it effect what grant i get if she is working full time and if so shuld i not just let her off the application cheers for any help given:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭speeding

Thanks guys. I'm well aware of the fees alright just going to be a tough slog trying to support myself for the 5 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement