Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft and Sale Agreed

Options
  • 18-06-2012 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭

Only realised sale agreed appears before houses on Daft, how trustworthy are these do you think? Didn't realise so many things are now sale agreed in my town! Or is it a smokescreen.........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

TheDriver wrote: »
    Only realised sale agreed appears before houses on Daft, how trustworthy are these do you think? Didn't realise so many things are now sale agreed in my town! Or is it a smokescreen.........

A shtload of ads on Daft are sale agreed for years. Some of these properties don't even exist. I have enquired after a couple of apartments from one large estate agent in particular and when I pursued it they were "gone". Wish there was a way of reporting this to Daft - or do they even care.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

A good site to check out what has been happening to properties is Irish Property Watch:
    http://www.irishpropertywatch.net/

Very often Eas do not put up a property as sale agreed until the contracts have been signed as sometimes the sale falls through. This avoids the EA from having to redo an advert.

If they mark lots of properties as sale agreed and leave them on Daft, it might make people think that they are selling lots of properties (if the sale existed!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Roxee

Well I just went Sale Agreed on a house late last week. It's been marked as such on myhome.ie and on the EA's own website, but has actually disappeared off Daft altogether!

So that's one example of daft working extra efficiently I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

Roxee wrote: »
    Well I just went Sale Agreed on a house late last week. It's been marked as such on myhome.ie and on the EA's own website, but has actually disappeared off Daft altogether!

So that's one example of daft working extra efficiently I guess!

There are many properties for sale on myhome.ie that have not been updated in months (one that I was looking at was last updated more than 1 year ago). And it hasn't been on daft for ages.
    IMHO, myhomes.ie is not as up-to-date as daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

myhome.ie drives me daft, literally. one of our local agents doesnt use daft and the properties are sooo out of date. think he leaves them up on purpose so people think he has property for sale. one lovely house he has up has been sold for the last 3 years at least. and a friend of mine is living in his house about 3/4 years and it is still on myhome as sale agreed. a total headwreck. and hthe prices are still at 2008 levels. laughable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement