Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gardai at the bus station?

Options
  • 18-06-2012 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

does anyone know what was going on outside the bus station this evening? there were about 20 garda patrolling the place, and a bus was taped off..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gfgfgf14

My music teacher saw a man been ran down by a bus today at the station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

the word is that someone was hit by a bus. That's the second time in about 9 months.

the crossing from merchants quay to the bus station is a free for all with cars, pedestrians and buses all filtering through there without any traffic management whatsoever. crazy stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Cork 96 Fm said in news at daytime that around 2pm bus hit a man there, i couldnt hear radio very good so i dont know if hes injured or worse. Weirdly tried to google it, but nothing, thats very odd.
    But i assume thats why the place is still sealed and bus is standing in middle of road on turning point, they probably havent moved it before they investigate whos fault and why it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

kart wrote: »
    Cork 96 Fm said in news at daytime that around 2pm bus hit a man there, i couldnt hear radio very good so i dont know if hes injured or worse. Weirdly tried to google it, but nothing, thats very odd.

AA roadwatch were saying there was a serious incident there.

it's a dodgy bit of road, lots of accidents there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Its a very dodgy area traffic wise. I was there when that poor lady got knocked down there at Christmas time and the place was utter mayhem. So dangerous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

does anyone know how serious the fella's injuries are?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,904 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Think i heard them saying he had serious leg injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

That road is so dodgy, buses swing around the corner without even slowing down

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The poor man was in his 80's - just heard it on the news on 96fm there. That area is so dangerous with buses and cars swinging in off merchants quay. You'd want to have eyes in the back of your head - pedestrians and motorists!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

If these two serious accidents are not enough to get a normal system with traffic lights there for pedestrians, then it is just crazy.
    There SHOULD be a trafficlight there that u can push to cross the road. I know there is one in other side, halfway cross the road, but that side is too badly organized.
    Hope the man will be alright...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

That area is fcuking ridiculous. Buses plough through there without slowing down and there is no lights for people to cross. Accidents will keep happening til they sort out the thing.

I hope that man recovers. Bus Eireann and the city council need to look at the situation asap

Advertisement