Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trip to Portfinn

Options
  • 18-06-2012 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi Galway Boardsies
    Greetings from Cork!
    myself and my partner and one of our dogs are going on hols ( we arent excluding a dog btw- she's only a small pup and being minded for the few days!)
    We got a Living social voucher for two nights in Portfinn Lodge, Connemara and a Cruise on the Fjord!
    Just wondering whats good to do in the area? We arent into pubbing (himself is teetotal) and just wanna go for walks and see the sights! Anything ye reccommend wud be much appreciated!
    We would like to go for a nice meal one night!
    CANNOT WAIT!

Thanks very much!
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Check out the connemara loop website for details of local walks ,aasleagh waterfalls are only 2 miles from leenane and worth a visit,there are 2 adventure centre in the area (killary and delphi) also a diving school (scubadive west) .In leenane village there is a sheep and wool center with a museum.There is 2 open sheep farms where you can see various aspects of sheep farming.angling is available on 2 local rivers (erriff and delphi).glasillaun beach is close by which is safe and clean for swimming.
    Kylemore abbey and connemara national park are about 8 miles from leenane and are very popular with visitors to this area.
    There is a restaurant in the leenane hotel as well as the blackberry restaurant in the village. I hope you have good time and get some good weather.
    . is a local information website which lists all local attractions

Advertisement