If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DENON AV RECEIVER UPDATE

Options
  • 18-06-2012 8:46pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Boardies,

Its that time of the year when all the manufacturers upgrade their AV Receivers and ..finally we have most of the new models in stock at last - this means that we can clear out some of the 2011/12 models - so here's an update on the new kit, some Boardie deals on the new ranges and clearout deals on the 11/12 kit.

Denon

The new Denon range is still coming in but we have already received the new AVR1713 and AVR2113 - for some strange reason there is no direct replacement for their most successful AVR in 11/12, the AVR1912.

The AVR2313 & AVR3313 are due next month and the range topping AVR4313 is due around August

Here are some prices, details and specials:

Denon AVR1513 - £299.95 / Euro Special €289.99

The AVR1513 is the baby of the range but is still quite a powerhouse and is the only model not to feature Airplay and Networking in the standard list of features - I heard it last week and it sounds great with stereo sources but I do think it's a little overpriced at £299 when compared with other receivers such as the Sony STRDH820 - however on special at €289.95 it does make a far better deal and again it sounds good!

Tech features include:
    • 4 HDMI inputs (3 back 1 Front)
    • 75watts per channel (into 8 Ohms)
    • Dolby True HD
    • DTS-HD / DTS 96/24
    • New Graphic User Interface
    • Digita RF and Optical inputs
    • 2 Analogue inputs
    • 3.5mm input on front panel

The range starts getting interesting with the AVR1713 which includes networking and of course Airplay if you guys have not got around to using Airplay - don't wait around - it's just mega - possibly the best innovation I've seen in the last 5 years - it's just so easy to use!

The AVR1713 is £399.95 / Boardie special €449.99 In stock now and free delivery for Boardies!

This is the 1st receiver that the guys at Denon say has 'Genuine Denon Sound' and when I heard it in Demo mode - I agree with them - it really does sound stunning - possibly as good as the Marantz PM6004 on stereo sources and it sounds excellent even compared to the Onkyo TXNR609 which has been the industry standard receiver from 2011/12 - tech features include:
    • Airplay
    • Auto Setup with Custom Audio Technica Mic
    • 80Watts into 8 Ohms per channel
    • Dolby True HD
    • DTS HD
    • Audyssey MultEQ XT
    • Audyssey Dynamic EQ
    • Display Dimmer / off
    • 4 'Quick Select' keys for ease of use
    • USB digital direct for iPod / iPad
    • Internet radio
    • DLNA certified
    • Network party mode
    • 5 HDMi inputs
    • Last FM and Flickr support (country dependant)
    • Flac HD - high resolution audio
    • Denon Remote app (it's really good actually)
    • DLNA 1.5 compatible
    • 5 amplified amplified channels are ALL full separated and discreet

L_avr1713_e2_bk_fr.png

The closest to an AVR1912 replacement is the new AVR2113 - this is one of the new AVR's that Denon are most excited / (smug) about and I have to agree after hearing it up against the latest Onkyo hot models that it does sound really hot and the tech line up is excellent as well - on 1st glance it looks almost simple as Denon have worked hard to simplify both the front panel and the ease of use of their receivers in general and it also appears shallower in dimension than the old range of 1912 / 2312 which makes fitting it into your Av system so much easier ..however the build quality under the hood is superb, and then there is the 4K upscaling...:D

L_avr2113_e2_bk_fr.png

Denon AVR2112 - £549.95 / Boards launch special €549.99

Tech features:
    • Airplay
    • 7.1 - 125 Watts per channel
    • 4K video scaling and video switching
    • Auto Setup with Custom Audio Technica Mic
    • 80Watts into 8 Ohms per channel
    • Dolby True HD
    • DTS HD
    • Audyssey MultEQ XT
    • Audyssey Dynamic EQ
    • Display Dimmer / off
    • 4 'Quick Select' keys for ease of use
    • USB digital direct for iPod / iPad
    • Internet radio
    • DLNA certified
    • Network party mode
    • 6 HDMi inputs
    • Last FM and Flickr support (country dependant)
    • Flac HD - high resolution audio
    • Denon Remote app (it's really good actually)
    • DLNA 1.5 compatible
    • 7 amplified amplified channels are ALL full separated and discreet

I'll cover the AVR2313 in more depth when it arrives but again it almost looks identical to the 2113 with a beefed up spec. ... and yes there will be a pre- launch Boardie special:

In terms of 2011/12 models I have some Denon units to clear:

DENON AVR1312 - I have just 2 of these units left which I can clear out at £129.95 / €149.99
    L_AVR1312_E2_.png

Denon AVR1612 - really well reduced already - this unit launched at £369.95 and had all the audio qualities of the big brother the AVR1912 - I have a number of these I can do on a Boardie special at just £179.95 / €219.99

Denon AVR2312
    L_AVE2312_E2_fr.png

Originally £799.95 - I have one ex demo that I will clear at £399.95 / €499.99

DENON DHT1312 - 5.1 Pack again I have a few of these excellent packs that include a receiver and a really good 5.1 speaker pack including an active sub - they were £399.95 and good value at that! I'll do my remaining stock for boardies at £249.95 / €299.99 and again I'll include free delivery on all the above!

L_DHT1312XP_E2_fr.png

OK thats it for tonight - as ever keep us posted if we can assist with anything or if you would like to reserve any of the above !

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

Hi,

Could I reserve a Denon AVR1612 please?

Would this work with the speakers from a Philips hts3520 5.1 DVD player?

Also could you recommend / do a deal on a set of speakers to go with it?

Thanks

jh79 wrote: »
    Hi,

Could I reserve a Denon AVR1612 please?

Would this work with the speakers from a Philips hts3520 5.1 DVD player?

Also could you recommend / do a deal on a set of speakers to go with it?

Thanks

Any update on this?
    Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi JH79.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I can reserve one of the Denon AVR1612 for you no problem.

Regarding your Philips Speakers:
    Are they bare copper wire ends or some type of connector at the end of the speaker cable?
    Also does the sub woofer run on speaker cable or a single phono lead?

If the sub runs on speaker cable while there is a way to connect it, it would not give a true base tone.

You could have a look at the following speaker packs which would run alongside the AVR1612:

Tannoy SXF 5.1 pack priced at £199.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/tannoy/sfx5.1/tann-sfx5.1-blk

Boston XS 5.1 pack priced at £219.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/boston-/soundware-xs-se/bost-sndware-xs-se-b

Wharfedale DX1 HCP priced at £379.95 (I could offer at £339.95)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/wharfedale/dx1-hcp/whar

Let me know if any of the packs catch your eye :)

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for getting back to me.

All the Philips speakers including the woofer run on bare copper wire. How would these compare to the tannoy or Boston sets? Could I just get an active woofer?

I'll definitely take the denon 1612

Thanks

Hi JH79.

In My Opinion both the Tannoys and the Bostons would sound better than the Philips Speakers.

However if you wanted you could add in the Active sub and then change the speakers if you where not happy with the sound from them once you have connected them up and had a listen.

Tannoy do the following little sub:
    Tannoy SFX sub priced at £99.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/subwoofers/tannoy/sfx-sub/tann-sfx-sub-blk

Sublink cable would cost £9.99 for 3m

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

I'll let you know in the afternoon wether I'll get a full set or just a woofer along with the denon 1612 if that's ok.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

How much in euros for the denon 1612 and the tannoy sxf 5.1 with delivery to Galway?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Guys,

How much in euros for the denon 1612 and the tannoy sxf 5.1 with delivery to Galway?

Thanks

JH79,

thanks a million for the opportunity to quote - I can do the AVR1612 with the Tannoy SFX 5.1 and delivery to the home of the Volvo Ocean Race Party(Yahoo) at €463.99

As ever drop me a line if I can assist in any way or of course if you would like to order just drop me a mail to sales@richersounds.ie and one of the guys will get you sorted asap - we have them both available from stock and ready to ship straight away,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Guys,

Can we put this on hold till Monday?Unfortunately Ulster bank are having major problems with their computer system. Will follow up as soon as they get things back to normal.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Can we put this on hold till Monday?Unfortunately Ulster bank are having major problems with their computer system. Will follow up as soon as they get things back to normal.

Thanks

No Worries. Give us a shout on Monday and we can try again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Hi guys.

Do you have any of these in stock? http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/denon/avr1912/deno-avr1912-blk

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenagoolie

Hey,
    I'm interested in the AVR1713. Do they have enough power for a pair of JBL TLX 320(spec below) and rear speakers?
    Looking for a sub-woofer to match

R

http://www.epanorama.net/sff/Audio/Products/Speakers/JBL_Speaker_Tlx320.pdf

JH79,

thanks a million for the opportunity to quote - I can do the AVR1612 with the Tannoy SFX 5.1 and delivery to the home of the Volvo Ocean Race Party(Yahoo) at €463.99

As ever drop me a line if I can assist in any way or of course if you would like to order just drop me a mail to sales@richersounds.ie and one of the guys will get you sorted asap - we have them both available from stock and ready to ship straight away,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi Guys,

I'd like to place that order today if it still stands. Its my first purchase here so what's the next step?

Thanks

<Ollie> wrote: »

Ollie,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay in our response.

We are completely sold out of the AVR1912 now even including our demo stock - is there anything else we could tempt you with?

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hey,
    I'm interested in the AVR1713. Do they have enough power for a pair of JBL TLX 320(spec below) and rear speakers?
    Looking for a sub-woofer to match

R

http://www.epanorama.net/sff/Audio/Products/Speakers/JBL_Speaker_Tlx320.pdf

Glen,

it will work, but the TLX320 are a 4Ohm load and I think that the Denon (and most other AV receivers prefer speakers with a 6-16 Ohm load - I would be happy to let you have a 1713 on a sale or return basis to let you loose on one..

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi Guys,

I'd like to place that order today if it still stands. Its my first purchase here so what's the next step?

Thanks

JH,

thanks a million!

If you would like to drop us your contact details to sales@richersounds.ie or via PM - I'll get one of the guys to talk you through it including delivery details etc,

Thanks again for the Biz - it's much appreciated!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenagoolie

Any other model you'd recommend instead?
    I'm currently running a NAD AV 316 against the speakers, but perhaps that's not the best setup for the speakers.
    http://www.hifiengine.com/manuals/nad/av316.shtml
    Glen,

it will work, but the TLX320 are a 4Ohm load and I think that the Denon (and most other AV receivers prefer speakers with a 6-8 Ohm (possibly up to 10 Ohms) load - I would be happy to let you have a 1713 on a sale or return basis to let you loose on one..

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Any other model you'd recommend instead?
    I'm currently running a NAD AV 316 against the speakers, but perhaps that's not the best setup for the speakers.
    http://www.hifiengine.com/manuals/nad/av316.shtml

Glen,

apologies for thedelay - I've been out at a meeting all day - however I have edited my earlier post (I checked with Denon towers and they say 6 -16 Ohms is cool) But the Onkyo TXNR515 at £499.95 works down to 4 Ohms and has also just collected a cracking 5 star review from What Hifi - we will also do free delivery at that price (it sounds amazing BTW)

http://www.uk.onkyo.com/en/products/tx-nr515-76085.html

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gullarm

Hi can I reserve the DHT 1312 pack please at €299 delivered to Dublin? I'm also looking for 100mts of cable any suggestions?

JH79,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi Guys,

Really impressed with this set up sounds excellent.

Have a couple of questions regarding the audessy calibration;

When the calibration is finished it gives a list, everything is positive except for "S back : No". Is this something I need to fix?

Also what settings should I use for the sub woofer when performing the calibration? The possible settings are;
    Power: off / auto / on
    Cross Over
    Level
    Phase

Again really impressed with this set up

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Hey there

I am looking for a 3d ready AV receiver, thought about the Denon AVR 3313/2313 or the Onkyo TXNR818 among others. Do you have them in Stock and if so, whats the price?

Anything else similar?

PS: I was looking around and the Pioneer VSX LX55 seems perfect too as well as the Yamaha A1010 and the Onkyo TX NR709, the marantz 6006 is not yet for sale I can't find a realease date anywhere. I need a receiver that's 3d ready, plenty of HDMI inputs and dual HDMI outputs. I have a VSX 919 but although its a decent amp is not 3d ready nor has 2 hdmi outputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 upsanddown

hi, is denon 1612 still available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Really glad you like the system.

On the speaker setup.

Your surround back should be no if you are only running a 5.1 setup, so this is correct.

Power - Auto is the best option, that way the sub is off unless it gets a signal.

Cross over & level - These are down to personal taste. The Crossover will change the frequency that the subwoofer will go down to. The more you turn the control to the right, the lower the sub goes. I find this best at about 1/2 way. The volume will control how loud the sub is. This is totally down to your choice.

Phase - This should be left at 0, unless your front speakers are directly opposite your subwoofer. If they are then set the phase to 180.

I hope this helps but keep us posted if you need anything further help.

Many thanks

Dave
    Hi Guys,

Really impressed with this set up sounds excellent.

Have a couple of questions regarding the audessy calibration;

When the calibration is finished it gives a list, everything is positive except for "S back : No". Is this something I need to fix?

Also what settings should I use for the sub woofer when performing the calibration? The possible settings are;
    Power: off / auto / on
    Cross Over
    Level
    Phase

Again really impressed with this set up

Thanks

Gullarm wrote: »
    Hi can I reserve the DHT 1312 pack please at €299 delivered to Dublin? I'm also looking for 100mts of cable any suggestions?

Hi there.

Unfortunately we have sold the last remaining one a few days back.

I have been trying to find out if any more are coming in, but that is the end of them.

As a one-off, I can do the Onkyo HTS3505 for £299.95 delivered if you wanted to take a look at that one.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Dave

Hi there.

My personal opinion would be to go for the Onkyo 818. I own an older version of this and we have the 818 on demo in the store in Belfast and it's stunning. Loaded with connections, features, the most amazing video processing and sounds amazing. It's especially amazing in stereo compared to other receivers.

It's priced at £999.95 but I could do you one at £949.95 including delivery.

The new Denon is nice with the 2313 being the one to look at as it's a little cheaper than the Onkyo at £799.95 but at the same price is the Onkyo 717 which stacks up very well against the Denon.

I'm not a huge fan of that LX55 as I had a Pioneer receiver previously and when I changed to the Onkyo, I had realised how bright the Pioneer was as the Onkyo was a lot easier to listen to.

My money would be on the 717 first, AVR2313 or the 818 if the budget stretches.

The Yamaha A1010 is an older receiver and one that wouldn't be in the race against the rest.

I hope this helps but let me know if we can help any further and don't forget that we offer a price beat if you can get a cheaper price.

ATB

Dave

Bohrio wrote: »
    Hey there

I am looking for a 3d ready AV receiver, thought about the Denon AVR 3313/2313 or the Onkyo TXNR818 among others. Do you have them in Stock and if so, whats the price?

Anything else similar?

PS: I was looking around and the Pioneer VSX LX55 seems perfect too as well as the Yamaha A1010 and the Onkyo TX NR709, the marantz 6006 is not yet for sale I can't find a realease date anywhere. I need a receiver that's 3d ready, plenty of HDMI inputs and dual HDMI outputs. I have a VSX 919 but although its a decent amp is not 3d ready nor has 2 hdmi outputs.

upsanddown wrote: »
    hi, is denon 1612 still available?

Hi there.

Yes, we do still have these available.

Give us a shout if you would like one.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Torres09

Hi John,

Do you have any of the Denon AVR1312 in Black left?

Cheers

Torres09 wrote: »
    Hi John,

Do you have any of the Denon AVR1312 in Black left?

Cheers

Hi Torres,

Thanks for getting in touch.

At the moment we only have a display 1312. I don't think we'll be getting anymore in as the new Denon range is out.

We could let the display 1312 go for £149.95.

Could be worth while taking a look at the Pioneer VSX 521. This is a great amp for the money:

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/VSX-521/print.html

We're offering this for just £169.95. We have these brand new and ready to go.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gullarm

Hi there.

Unfortunately we have sold the last remaining one a few days back.

I have been trying to find out if any more are coming in, but that is the end of them.

As a one-off, I can do the Onkyo HTS3505 for £299.95 delivered if you wanted to take a look at that one.

Thanks

Dave

Thanks for that Dave I like the Onkyo Amp but not a big fan of the speakers have you anything elso in or around that price range I could go a little higher.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

PM sent.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.