Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions on this dress

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭premiergal

I think it's lovely would be perfect for a wedding :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭havana

Its lovely - and perfect for a wedding I think. I'm in love with navy at the moment. I was looking at it for a wedding myself. Ended up getting this one instead - kinda similar.

http://www.nextdirect.com/ie/en/shopping/women/going-out/18/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

havana wrote: »
    Its lovely - and perfect for a wedding I think. I'm in love with navy at the moment. I was looking at it for a wedding myself. Ended up getting this one instead - kinda similar.

http://www.nextdirect.com/ie/en/shopping/women/going-out/18/2

Oh that's gorgeous. I don't have the figure to get away with that though. I ordered the dress anyway in the knowledge they I can return it if it's not right. I got it for £79stg so not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DuvetCover

Fab dress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

lovely dress, really classy. Would be fab with gold accessories. Nice to see somebody posting a wedding appropriate dress too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

The Next dress is stunning! Saw something similar in French Connection too:

http://www.frenchconnection.com/product/Woman+Collections+Dresses/71YN7/Angela+Lace+Dress.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

That Next dress is gorgeous! Wish I hadn't seen it - I'm supposed to be on a spending ban...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

It's a really lovely dress, OP, but I'm not so sure if it'd suit you if you're a very defined pear.

I'm not a fan at all.

Malari wrote: »
    The Next dress is stunning! Saw something similar in French Connection too:

http://www.frenchconnection.com/product/Woman+Collections+Dresses/71YN7/Angela+Lace+Dress.htm

Think I prefer the next one to the FC one. Its the sleeves that i love!
    It's a really lovely dress, OP, but I'm not so sure if it'd suit you if you're a very defined pear.

Yep thats my worry too. Damn ass of mine! Collecting it tomorrow so will see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I prefer the Next one too actually! :-) just posted another option as it seems to be stylish at the moment.

Malari wrote: »
    I prefer the Next one too actually! :-) just posted another option as it seems to be stylish at the moment.

I def would never squeeze my derrière into the next one although I do love it! Fingers crossed the other one works out. Have nude shoes, bag and jewellery just crying out for a navy dress!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

I'm not a fan. I think it's dowdy. Next have some lovely ones which are much more modern and feminine than that one!

I'm not a fan. I think it's dowdy. Next have some lovely ones which are much more modern and feminine than that one!
    Really? Dowdy? I think it's classically simple and elegant. Like a modern Audrey Hepburn. I'm 33 now and just feel that bit too old for the regular backless strapless numbers. Think age just crept up on me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

lovely lace dress perfect for the wedding

So I collected the dress today.on first touch the fabric was v light and I thought it would a disaster but it wasn't too bad. I defo have curves and an ass in it but my husband has convinced me it's more a j-lo ass than a 'wtf is she doing wearing that dress ass!' . I defo need a female opinion. I'm not brave enough to post pics on this forum so roll have up rely on a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spacecookie555

yellow hen wrote: »

So I collected the dress today.on first touch the fabric was v light and I thought it would a disaster but it wasn't too bad. I defo have curves and an ass in it but my husband has convinced me it's more a j-lo ass than a 'wtf is she doing wearing that dress ass!' . I defo need a female opinion. I'm not brave enough to post pics on this forum so roll have up rely on a friend.

Hey yellow hen that looks like a beautiful cut for a pear shape, the sheerness of the shoulders will balance out your hips perfect. Id also add a waist cinching belt to emphasis your waist cause pear shapes tend to be very slim just below the boobs. It would look very elegant and classy imo. You should do your hair in an up-do aswel be stunning! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

yellow hen wrote: »
    Really? Dowdy? I think it's classically simple and elegant. Like a modern Audrey Hepburn. I'm 33 now and just feel that bit too old for the regular backless strapless numbers. Think age just crept up on me!

Yes, sorry I think it's a frumpy dress. As I said, Next have some beautiful similar styles dresses that are much nicer and most Definately not backless or strapless!! I am a great fan of Kate Middleton's style and she has worn dresses in a similar vein but more like the style of the ones in Next.

I'm also in my 30's and big into my fashion. I wouldn't wear something now that I would have flaunted in my mid-twenties (well, within reason!) and am all for dressing appropriately for one's age. I just don't like the dress in question...sorry...and purely on the basis that it's dowdy. I think an a-line shift with a lace overlay (as in the Next dresses and net-a-porter have a couple of gems too) are much more suitable!

ETA: just read that you have got the dress. Hope you are happy with it. Enjoy the wedding! Sometimes dresses can look nicer on than in pictures or on hangers and I'm sure this is the case with your one.

Totally agree on kate midleton, I love her taste. This is my idea off sheer elegance.. http://media.revnewmedia.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/main_pic/images/katemiddltonjenny.jpg

I'm in two minds about the dress. I love the style but am not mad about the fabric...it's mostly polyester. Will make a decision this weekend. Might scoot into town and have a look around there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wivy

love the next one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Dress looks OK but I'm not a fan of that colour, I think it's too dark for a wedding...just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

I think its lovely. Go for it :)

On a slightly unrelated note, i have the shoes the model is wearing :pac:

Advertisement