Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No picture with new build

Options
  • 18-06-2012 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, just built everything, new system boots but there is no picture going to my monitor. I have an Asus Rampage IV formula ATX motherboard, EVGA 680 gtx, and have tried both HDMI and DVI connections. Monitor is new and HDMI works with xbox, any suggestions? Graphics card gets power. (850w PSU, intel i-7 3930k, H100 CPU cooler)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pring

Does the GPU fan spin when you turn on the pc? If not then you need to make sure it's connected to the PSU properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Yeah sorry I should've mentioned, GPU fan spins, and I had it in the wrong PCI slot (x8), it's now in slot (x16), but same problem, no picture at all :(

Do you have another GPU to try?

Unfortunately not and I'm all outta cash!

Can you post pictures?

Are you sure everything is connected to the motherboard that needs to be?

• Advertisement

Yes, 90% sure, here is a .rar of some images if they help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

CPU 4 Pin connector. I can't see it anywhere, and it's supposed to be near the top of the motherboard, according to the ASUS website.

Yes, thankyou that was it, the BIOS is showing. Now I have possibly a worse problem, the screen reads:

CPU fan error
    CPU over temperature error

It then shuts down. I am sure the corsair H100 is on correctly, it lights up, all fans work, maybe the water is not getting to the radiator? There is no heat in the radiator at all. I have two fan wires connected to the top of it, think this is okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

You definitely have the CPU fan connector going into the CPU_Fan header, yeah? Just checking. If you got the stock fan it wouldn't be a bad idea to remove the corsair pump and just slide the stock cooler on to see what happens.

Again I made a really stupid error and I think nearly fried the CPU, I put the H100 on the incorrect way like Linus did in this video (at 3 mins 50 secs), so it wasn't actually contacting with the CPU. The heat error is gone and now I just have the fan error. (CPU temp a cool 30 degrees which I think is fine :cool:) This has been an eventful night! I just need to fix the fan error before it will let me get past the BIOS. I didnt get a stock cooler with the CPU actually, it just came in a rather small box.

• Advertisement

Situation seems to be okay, fan molex connector was not connected to the motherboard. So far, happy days :D Thanks folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Glad to see you got it running, I know how disappointing it is when you first press that button and get no reaction and even worse when you think it's fixed starts to post then gives some other error.

Oh the joys of building your own :)

Advertisement