Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing a Sat Nav into Nissan

• 18-06-2012 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Replacing Basic Nissan CD player with a Nissan Connect GPS system. Was wondering if anyone can help by telling me what the different connectors are

on the basic model and the on the Connect model

I have ordered the GPS unit that fits onto the blue connector but the old connector has a small white square connector that is mising on the Connect system any ideas ?

What do i need to get the bluetooth working ?

appreciate any help

Thanks

Garyh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

the left connector is an optical connector to connect to the external amplifier that goes in the boot possibly.

the blue connector is the GPS antenna

the 3rd connector is an accessory connector possibly for bluetooth mic or camera ?

the 4th connector is the main cabling to the car , id guess the connector on the back of the basic stereo fits into 1 or possibly both of those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Ok Thanks

how do I get the bluetooth wokring any ideas

also any ideas on teh basic sterio what the 2nd connector is as I cannot plug it into any of the other connectors on the new unit

Gary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Ok Just for you information if putting in a Nissan Connect Sat Nav into your Car

You will need the Microphone or if you have already have one then the Patch lead which goes from the 12 pin to the top connector above the other white connector
    The usb port are about 30 Euros from Nissan but the cable is 130 Euros!!!!!
    I bought an aftermarket GPS off ebay for about 10 euros you need to buy one with a blue connector

mic patch lead : 24036-BG00A available from nissan £11.75 available from nissan dealers
    usb lead : 24039-BH00A available from nissan £110 (try to buy a used connect that comes with this lead )
    usb/aux port : available from holdcrofts for £31.99
    gps aerial : available from nissan for £58

Camera
    Part Number 28842 -kh00 £761.00 rrp +vat LOOK at the PRICE for REAR camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Microphone -- Part Number 28336 jk60a £57.77rrp +vat

So there you have it

Advertisement