Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raymond Domenech wants to be the next Ireland manager!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

If he plays the right players yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I hope its not a bad joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

http://www.foot01.com/equipe-de-fran...domenech,90172

Raymond Domenech would like to be manager of Ireland.

The man who uses horoscopes to decide who plays - who turned France into the laughing stock of World Football. Manager of a team that got to a World Cup final despite him not become of him. Anyone like to see him replace Trap :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ireland need to get someone like Louis Van Gaal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Is this the twilight zone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

CL7 wrote: »
    http://www.foot01.com/equipe-de-fran...domenech,90172

The man who uses horoscopes to decide who plays - who turned France into the laughing stock of World Football. Manager of a team that got to a World Cup final despite him not become of him. Anyone like to see him replace Trap :pac:

Did you just c+p the original post ? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I'd rather Stan back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

http://www.foot01.com/equipe-de-france/la-derniere-provocation-signee-raymond-domenech,90172

The man who uses Diabhal Beag to decide who plays - who turned France into the laughing stock of World Football. Manager of a team that got to a World Cup final despite him not become of him. Anyone like to see him replace Trap :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd rather Trap's translator to Domenech!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

If we are being realistic, we should give as much as we can for Brian McDermott who would definitely be open to becoming Ireland manager at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

d22ontour wrote: »
    Did you just c+p the original post ? :p

I tried to correct the error in the original title :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Things are depressing enough right! Feck off with this sh!t

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Gazza would make a great Irish Manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Samich wrote: »

Bowing to the opinion of armchair fans doesn;t make you a good manager by default.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

_41303336_roddy_collins_203.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Domenech really knows how to kick you when you are down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

_41303336_roddy_collins_203.jpg

Reported.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Would rather mike bassett

Raymond has cheered us all up no end. Just when you think your bad off he reminds us it could be worse.

Samich wrote: »

So would you go with a Sagittarius in sticks, 4 Pisces at the back, 2 Capricorns in midfield?, 2 Libras on the wing and 2 Taurus up front????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Should get Mourinho/ Guardiola co-managers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Is Glenn Whelan a Scorpio, by any chance?

EDIT: He's Capricorn (damn)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

David Olearly,
    Dropped off the football scene, no one knows why,
    Had a good football playing side at leeds and villa,

David Olearly,
    Dropped off the football scene, no one knows why,
    Had a good football playing side at leeds and villa,

O'Leary done well at Leeds but spent money as if it was going out of fashion. Went to Villa then and lost the dressing room. Clapping Doug Ellis looked ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'd be a better manager than Domenech

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

lads if mourinho wanted the job in the morning it wouldnt happen, Trap cant be replace yet the FAI cannot afford to pay him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Will he let the players pick the team like he did in his last job? If so then I wouldn't rule him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭jimmymal

jdooley28 wrote: »
    lads if mourinho wanted the job in the morning it wouldnt happen, Trap cant be replace yet the FAI cannot afford to pay him off.

sure wouldn't mourinho pay trap off so he could do the job whiles hes at it like?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

mike65 wrote: »
    Ireland need to get someone like Louis Van Gaal.

I'm all for a high profile Dutch coach. Hiddink, Advocaat, van Gaal, or any other. Would be fantastic.

Trap has my support for now. I do think he'll change things around. If he doesn't, it'll need some points out of Germany in October to keep him in the job post Christmas, IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

tolosenc wrote: »
    I'm all for a high profile Dutch coach. Hiddink, Advocaat, van Gaal, or any other. Would be fantastic.

Trap has my support for now. I do think he'll change things around. If he doesn't, it'll need some points out of Germany in October to keep him in the job post Christmas, IMO.

Van Maarwijk should be available soon...

edit: just thinking, I'd love to see Roy Keane managing Holland made into a reality TV show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

guus hiddink
    dick advocaat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Johann Cruyff - he'll change things round a little

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

If we are being realistic, we should give as much as we can for Brian McDermott who would definitely be open to becoming Ireland manager at some stage.

I rate McDermott but I don't think anyone would leave ANY Premier Leage club (maybe not even most Championship clubs) to manage us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I rate McDermott but I don't think anyone would leave ANY Premier Leage club (maybe not even most Championship clubs) to manage us!

Agreed. I think people are rating the Ireland job far too highly if they think any prem manager would give up their position to manage us.

If you check out what each Ireland managers managerial job in football was immediately prior to taking to taking charge then it's fairly clear that it has never been a role for prime candidates.

Charlton (none)
    McCarthy (england division 1)
    Kerr (managing underage)
    Staunton (none)
    Trapatoni (Austrian league)

All the job essentially is is a stepping stone for upcoming managers who want to put their face in the shop window or a job for an older manager who want to wind down in easier surroundings and get one more big payday before retirement.

The next Ireland manager will fall under these parameters too imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

kitakyushu wrote: »
    Agreed. I think people are rating the Ireland job far too highly if they think any prem manager would give up their position to manage us.

If you check out what each Ireland managers managerial job in football was immediately prior to taking to taking charge then it's fairly clear that it has never been a role for prime candidates.

Charlton (none)
    McCarthy (england division 1)
    Kerr (managing underage)
    Staunton (none)
    Trapatoni (Austrian league)

All the job essentially is is a stepping stone for upcoming managers who want to put their face in the shop window or a job for an older manager who want to wind down in easier surroundings and get one more big payday before retirement.

The next Ireland manager will fall under these parameters too imho.

Sadly there is no vacancy, if there was who would want the job depends upon money.
    Did i not hear that trap is one of the highest paid international managers?
    You never know who might be interested, there could be plenty of good managers who would do it for the shillings trap is on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement