Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pussy not well

• 18-06-2012 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Pussy is a little unsettled tonight.

She was sick in the back garden a few hours ago, threw up her lunch. This evening, she is mewing a lot, and bumping the head off everything. But she won't eat her dinner, won't eat a piece of fresh chicken either, and I even gave her a tiny treat of a lick of fresh cream, which she won't touch. Yet she mews constantly, mooching round and round. Normally, at this time, she is curled up asleep.

I'm sure she'll be grand in the morning, but is there anything I might offer her to help her feel better, or that she might eat, or should I simply ignore her?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I'd take her to the vet. It could be anything from a tumor to an ear infection.
    I wouldnt leave her in distress all night :(

Ive experienced something similar with a dog and it turned out he'd had a stroke :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

My first thought was - has she been neutered? This sounds like she's coming into heat with all the attention seeking, headbutting and calling. If she's not been done yet then that's probably your answer. And if she's not been neutered you need to keep her in while she's in season and then get her to the vet and have her done asap.

If she's already been neutered then I'd get her to the vets asap for a check-up, just to be on the safe side.

Advertisement